Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Well... This is it... Huh.. Not ready for this to happen

Hey Everyone!

I'm not gonna lie, I have a LOT of mixed emotions right now...of course I'm excited to see you guys and see everybody back home, family and friends and all...but man, oh man, it's going be hard to leave this...I never thought for one moment it was going be THIS hard. Oh well, I'll just let you know how my week went and try and not dwell on that one other thing; me going home, or whatever you call it.
This past week was absolutely incredible! BY FAR, one of the best weeks I've had on my mission! I was able to attend the career workshop which was kind of (ok la). Nothing too special, except they did call me by my first name the whole time which I was NOT used to. Too weird but I really did learn a lot. I'll have to show you everything they gave us when I see you. It was definitely worth it, and apparently not every mission does it. That surprises me. It seems it should almost be required. It seriously helped so much! We also had two incredible baptismal services for Elder Olson and myself. Sister Bea and Sister Grace were able to more fully come unto Christ and follow Him in the waters of baptism. It was honestly one of the greatest things to see. Both of them have come so very far, and I couldn't be happier. I really couldn't. The Sisters also had a couple baptisms, which was also a tremendous blessing! Another Elder companionship had one as well, so that makes a total of 5 in one week for the Zone. That's pretty sweet.
It's been so hard to say goodbye to all of our recent converts, members, the Branch Presidencies and their wives. Each and every single one of them has changed my mission in one way or another. I thought I knew all about it before I came here to International.
No sir-eee!
Yesterday, I had the privilege of bearing my Testimony in Fast and Testimony meeting and could barely keep it together. Just looking out at all these wonderful Brothers and Sisters, MY Brothers and Sisters, I couldn't help bare to become emotional. It was tough but it's all good. Most of them I'll be seeing on facebook or e-mailing or writing to or whatever. Some way I'll keep in contact with them, so no worries. To be quite honest with you guys, I kind of forgot what life back home is like. These past two years have been all I have focused on and it's all I know anymore. So for real, I'm not sure how easy the transition is going be but I'm praying it won't be too difficult. Oh, I just BARELY read your e-mail you sent. I was a bit worried you weren't going to send one in time, just sayin mom! Ha!
All of that is GREAT news!
Oh man, I was super happy you got the package. I hope you like the pictures. It covers a lot of time but it's still good. Everything else in there was just kind of random but oh well.
I'm just tearin up as I'm typing this....this isn't good. So, yesterday was pretty intense. Like I said, I was able to bear my Testimony and then we had that fireside for all the dying (going home) missionaries and I chose Sister Ivy to speak for me. Her conversion story is SWEET! I'll have to tell you all about it when I get back! Everyone thought her's was the best. It was also pretty tough to say bye to some of the missionaries last night and a few other members from other Wards I had previously served in. It was super nice of them to come and I was way stoked to see them.
Well, the rest of this week is going to be interesting for sure. I haven't even BEGAN packing. Don't know when I'm going do that. Just too busy (la)! Today we're going out to a traditional Chinese tea time with the whole Zone and then bowling afterwards. It should be fun.
Tomorrow night we have moves calls, so we'll find out where everyone else is going and who's coming to replace me.
Wednesday night we have our last Zone Meeting.
Thursday I go to the Mission office and have a final interview with President Chan, do any last minute check out things, have a Temple Session with my group, lunch and dinner with the Chans and that night stay in Patron Housing there at the Mission office right across the street from the Temple.
Friday morning...early morning...EARLY MORNING leave. That's all I got.
The experiences and lessons I've learned on my mission will NEVER be forgotten! THIS TRULY HAS BEEN THE BEST TWO YEARS OF MY ENTIRE LIFE! I WON'T EVER FORGET IT! Thank you, to each and every one of you. You have made my time out here seem like I'm not even away. You are such a blessing in my life. There's no way I can ever repay you for all you've done.
I LOVE YOU GUYS MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW! UNTIL FRIDAY...DO WHAT YOU DO, ONE LAST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Always-
Elder Carey

2 comments:

The Careys said...

Last Letter from Hong Kong! He will be Chris again come Friday night at 6:30pm... Thank you all for you love and concern of our Elder (Chris). Not only has this been a blessings to him but blessings abound for us. All you have to do is look for and find them. We love you all for your wonderful support of Chris and look forward to his great testimonies to share.......

Harvard said...

Chris, We are SOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! What an example you are to those around you and ---especially all the younger cousins coming behind you!! I know you've left a piece of you in Hong Kong that will linger on for years to come in the hearts of those you served!! WELCOME HOME THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT!! YOU HAVE RETURNED WITH HONOR!!! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!! Love, Uncle Brett, Aunt Susan, Peyton, Marissa and Gunner!! :)