Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Monday, December 19, 2011

Tis the season... getting cold quick...

Hey Everyone!

I'm just going to jump right into things this week...Thank you so much for writing to President Chan, Dad! I really appreciate! I will be sure to thank him again and again and again. When the package comes, I'll for sure give the things to him that are labeled as his and Sister Chan's. No worries. I'm sure they'll love them to death! Just the fact that you guys thought of them will be great! That's so sweet you gotta talk with Elder Wing on facebook! Oh man, I miss him. He helped me so much here with everything. He has definitely been one of my favorite companions for sure. We had so much fun together. Keep in touch with him and tell him we all miss him here and all the sisters still ask about him. They loved him so much! It's cool that you also got to talk with Elder Olson's mom! Wow! I bet that was fun! She also mentioned it on his e-mail today and said she LOVED that you guys called her! She was so shocked and felt very blessed to be able to talk to another missionary's parents. Thanks for doing that guys! I honestly can't believe you ran into Elder Fogt, Dad! THAT'S INSANE!!! It's true, his parents bought a bunch of pizza for people he was close with the night before he left and we all hung out at the chapel and ate and talked together, along with some of the sisters. It was a good time for sure! I love Elder Fogt so much! We had a blast together in everything we did! He is so hilarious! Elder Morgan has been planning in the summer of 2012 to take a bunch of close mission buddies out on his house boat and go to Lake Powell. Elder Fogt is also going, along with pretty much our whole MTC group. It's gonna be sweet! That's fun that you got to be the MC at the Ward Christmas Party, Dad! I bet that was a pretty exciting job and you had a lot of fun with it. I can totally just see you being the MC. Haha! Oh boy, so funny. So it's done then...I'm speaking in Stake Conference, huh? Oh boy....I'm SUPER nervous now. It's ok though. I'm definitely willing to do it. Just pray for me...PLEASE! I need it! That topic of "How missionary work was so different than what I thought and how it benefited me" sounds great. I figured it would be something like that, so great, I'll start thinking of some things I can share. Speaking of mailing things home, I mailed a pretty big box home last P-Day. It's going by surface, so it won't get there for like another month or two. It was all my books and study materials. 40 POUNDS! So, it's a good thing I sent it instead of taking it on the plane with me.
Well, just real quick, my week has been GREAT! Absolutely spectacular! I don't want to leave this life...do I have to? Sister Grace did indeed get Baptized yesterday, and it was a great service. She was so happy. The water was FREEZING though! Oh man, I don't think I've ever been in as cold of water as that was before for a baptism. But, she said when she came up out of the water that it was comfortably warm. Weird, huh? I wonder if that's a sign...hmmm..! We had quite a few pullbacks as well, a fair amount of them being Indonesian, which is good. We need more Indonesians in the Branches! This week is the Christmas Party for all the Weekday branches, and us, Missionaries, are performing a little skit/song for them. It's the 12 Days of Christmas, but we're changing the lyrics. It's pretty funny. I'll get someone to record it while we do it, so I can show you. We're pretty sure Jeaneth will get her day off this week, so she'll also be able to attend the Christmas Party and get baptized. So, that's good! We've been finding a LOT of people lately and they're all way good. Hopefully we'll see something come from it. It's weird because we're starting to give out dates past the time I'll be here...It's super sad but the work MUST go on, right? This week we'll also be attending the Temple as a Zone, and that will definitely be a spiritual experience for us all. Something we all really need and can really help us in each phase of the work. Well, just like the subject says, it really is pretty cold over here...or maybe it just feels like that because it went from super hot to super cold within a few days. I'm tellin you, it's the humidity! The temperature isn't SUPER cold, but it's just the fact that it goes through any amount of clothing straight to the bone. Brrrr! It's ok though. Luckily, we're in the chapel most of the day teaching and being with the members at Church. Unfortunately the chapel doesn't have heaters, nowhere in Hong Kong are there heaters but we still bundle up, so it's all good.
Well, thanks guys for all you do! You have no idea how much you mean to me. Having this time of the year roll around magnifies my gratefulness for you even more! You guys are all so awesome! Don't ever change! I wanna meet the same people that I said goodbye to nearly two years ago. I love you all! Until next week...Do what you do!

Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Tis the season of getting cold!!!! 60 degrees at night 70-75 during the day..