Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Monday, December 5, 2011

Pullback Pitty... Referral City

Hey Everyone!

Did you like that opening? Pretty good, huh? Yeah...I just came up with it all by myself. No, but it's true! That's really how our week has been! I'll tell you more about it in a bit. Oh, and just so you know, my ankle is just fine. I've been icing it and keeping it elevated. Still playing soccer just to stretch it and get it back to normal...those were the Doc's orders. It's almost completely better now. Still hurts and is kindof sore but it'll be alright. Thank you so much for all the prayers everyone! I know it was through the faith of all of you and the power of God that it was healed so quickly. Even the Mission Doctor couldn't believe it!...and he's a missionary here too. Miracles are still occuring right before our eyes? We really are so blessed and very lucky to be able to witness them indeed.
So, for Elder Olson, he is from the good ol' part of Manti, Utah (said in a farmer's accent). He grew up helping his family raise turkeys and also had a few other animals to raise and look after. He's such a funny guy, and really probably the most humble companion I've had. Really quite a blessing and I couldn't be ANY happier!
Jeaneth was not able to get baptized last week because her employer did not give her a day off, so we fasted for her yesterday and we're praying it will happen this week. She's strong though and will DEFINITELY get baptized either this week or in the very very near future. So, no worries with her.
Ok...so my companions have been as follows...Elder Merrill, Elder Harper, Elder Feigleson, Elder Bodily/Elder Oliver, Elder Oliver, Elder Harding, Elder Lee, Elder Poon, Elder Lau, Elder Lee, Elder Wing, Elder Morgan, Elder Wing, Elder Olson. That's it. Quite a few people but truly the GREATEST guys ever! I learned so much from each and every single one of them. I can remember something specific that each one has taught me and I'll never forget it.
How nice of you to stop by and see Helen Hall, mom. You are doing exactly what the Savior would've done. How great of an example you truly are to me and to the whole family. I love you so much! Oh, and you too, dad! Oh, and you too Steph! Oh, and you too Bobby! Don't worry, I didn't forget about you guys. NEVER!
Don't worry about sending much for Christmas.
I'm sending off your Christmas package today as well. I didn't really get a lot because I figured I would just see you guys soon enough that I could just give you a big hug for Christmas! Haha!
Thanks for the prayers guys and thank you for all you do! I promise you, I won't ever forget these feelings and hope to share them with you when I get back.
Real quick for my week...We had an enormous amount of referrals and every single one of them has great potential! Didn't really get too many pullbacks but that's ok. The referrals definitely made up for it. I'd rather get referrals than pullbacks anyday! Yesterday was probably one of the busiest days of my whole Mission. There were so many people to teach and so much to do! Luckily, we got it all done and now one of our investigators, Sister Grace, will be getting baptized next Sunday!
We had to go on exchanges and Elder Olson went up to Kowloon Tong with her because she had to get a special interview from President Chan. She passed and now she's on her way to receiving more blessings than she can ever possibly imagine! She is INCREDIBLE! I'm telling you guys, these Sisters amaze each of us Missionaries with their immense faith and reliance on the Lord. It's pretty miraculous when you think about it considering the things they've been through. It's weird because now we're starting to give dates out to people past the day I go home...it makes me so sad and I can't help but shed some tears for the memories made here and the peoples' lives that have been changed forever. It's ok though. I'm not gone yet. I still have some time. So...I was just thinking about this...for the amount of times I attend Church every week and partake of the Sacrament (6 days a week), I figure I could be able to be less-active for quite a while but still be active with the amount of times I've been to Church, RIGHT?! Ha! Just kidding. We joke about that all the time here in International but feel so very blessed that we have this kind of sacred opportunity.
My Tagalog and Bahasa Indonesian is getting better! Maybe I'll give a short Testimony in both of those when I get back as well. Haha! Jk. I know how to pray though and say a very simple Testimony so that's kind of cool. The Filipinas and Indonesians LOVE teaching the missionaries their languages and talking about their culture and hometown SO MUCH! It's so awesome to see their face light right up; even a pullback we just barely met, or a referral who's never been to the Church before. EVERYONE has the Light of Christ. It's real. I know it is.
I am so blessed to be here serving in the China Hong Kong Mission in the International Zone at this time. The work here is EXPLODING! It will only get bigger. Heavenly Father really is mindful of all of His children and loves them unconditionally. He is preparing these precious souls to hear of Him and His son, Jesus Christ. I want to thank you all for your example and Testimonies. They have influenced me more than I ever could have imagined. I want to express my gratitude for all of my family and friends. I love you guys so very very much! Have an awesome week guys! Until next week...Do what you do!

Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Pullback, referral, pullback, referral, pullback, referral. I think like the referrals better!