Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Thursday, December 1, 2011

My new and last Companion

Hey Eveyone!

What a blessing it is to be e-mailing you guys right now! My new companion is sending a quick little notice to his family, so I figured I should let you guys know what's up as well. It was tough to say farewell to my good friend Elder Wing but the Lord has better things in store for him right now and he's excited to see where these plans will take him. So, I dropped him off today at Kowloon Tong and was able to pick up my new companion. I found out on Tuesday night who it was going to be and it was a complete SHOCK! His name is Elder Olson and he really is an INCREDIBLE missionary.
He really knows how to represent the Lord 24 hours a day, not just out on the streets, he is here to serve and not just the people of Hong Kong. He's probably one of the most humble, selfless missionaries I've met since I've been here. It truly a prayer that's been answered! I love this Elder and I hardly know him! He even got to serve with Elder Poon before he came here with me! Pretty cool, huh? So, now it's Elder Olson and myself for the next 6 weeks...unfortunately my last 6 weeks.
I know I won't be too trunky this move, because he REALLY likes to work and I'm more than ready for it! Those are the times when you have the most success and of course are most happy! I just wanted to quickly update you all and let you know a little about him. I'll give you his info next time cuz he's pretty busy typing away over here.
Something kinda sad that happened this morning...so, every single morning we get up and play soccer at one of the nearby courts with other Elders from the Island Zone. Well, when we were playing this morning, I did something pretty bad to my ankle. It's not broken, don't worry but I do think I may have sprained it pretty bad. The doctor for the missionaries is out of town in Thailand right now but I talked to him and he said I just need to ice it, keep it elevated and start putting weight on it and stretching it bit by bit. I'll be taking some advil and stuff too so that should help. It's all good though. Just another stumbling block Satan's trying to throw.
I feel bad that it had to happen right when Elder Olson got here but oh well. Not much I can do about it now. I'm trying my best and know that Heavenly Father will continue to bless me and our companionship. Don't you just LOVE trials?!
Well, not much has happened since Monday. We had a very very good Zone Leader Council on Tuesday and discussed a lot of things that will further help our Zones become better and help our investigators progress quicker. Yesterday was probably one of the busiest but BEST days I've had thus far in International! We were teaching so much and for every one we taught we gave a baptismal date to.
Yesterday we were so lovingly blessed with 4 new investigators! Quite a miracle, huh? Tomorrow should be Jeaneth's baptism. We'll pray that she makes it. She hasn't been able to answer or respond to our texts lately but we're hoping it was just because her employer won't let her. She is so so so ready for this, it's insane. Wow, it really does seem like yesterday I just got here to International Zone and now to train this new Zone Leader and Elder in the ways of how the International Zone works! I'm so pumped! It's gonna be way sweet! The miracles, blessings, and trials will just keep coming! Thank goodness for Jesus Christ and His infinite and Atoning Sacrifice for us individually as well as collectively.
Last night we had one of the most spiritual Zone Meetings I think I've ever had on my entire mission. We had a giant Testimony meeting and every missionary in the Zone was able to bear a strong, powerful Testimony of the Restored Gospel and this past move. It had many of us in tears. I'm telling you right now, I DON'T CRY and I was having some trouble! It's moments like this we can really uplift and truly support one another. We draw closer and realize the true importance of being on the Earth today. I'm so grateful for my knowledge and Testimony of this Gospel of Jesus Christ and His Atonement and the Restoration.
How lucky we are as members of the Church to be blessed with this kind of knowledge. Heavenly Father loves us. Boy, does he love us! I feel as though I'm just beginning to understand what that love is like. Of course I felt it before I left but nothing even close to this.
Studying the scriptures, prayer and going to Church are some of the most important things we can ever do in this life. These 3 simple things multiply our Testimony by outrageous ammounts if only we are willing to let it happen. Heavenly Father wants to mold us, refine us and shape us into an individual He knows we are capable of becoming. It's only through living the Gospel and trusting in it's teachings this can occur. I know this to be true.
I want to thank you all once again for all you do. You really have no idea what your prayers and encouragement have actually done for me and my companions and this Mission.
Thank you again! Your love never goes unnoticed. Never ever ever forget that.
I love all you guys so much! Thank you! Until next week...Do what you do!

Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

My New and Last Companion. He had to let his family know of his new P-Day so I am emailing you to share some of this news as well.