Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Friday, December 30, 2011

C YA 2011...READY OR NOT, HERE WE COME 2012!

Hey Everyone!

Ok, for one, I just barely talked to you guys 4 days ago and now I'm talking to you again, and we'll be talking again in 2 days...what is this? Boy, has this week been one hectic, busy week! So, Monday was HUGE! On that day alone, we were blessed with 14 new investigators! It was insane! Every single one of those was a member present lesson as well. We are so blessed each and every day! I was completely dead afterwards and then we did the same thing on Tuesday since Tuesday was also a Statutory Holiday. Wednesday was yet another Zone Leader Council for all the Zone Leaders in the Mission, so we had a meeting all together at Kowloon Tong for over half the day but it was still a way good meeting! Then, yesterday, we had another meeting at Kowloon Tong but this one was a Leadership Training and it was also very very good and enlightening! Yesterday, one of our investigators surprised us and came to all of Church; we taught her after and now she's getting baptized next week. We also have another investigator that wants to be baptized next week as well, depending on when her holiday is. So, as of now, we have one this Sunday, and two the upcoming week! We are loving life right now! Elder Olson is just killin it here! He absolutely LOVES these Sisters, ALMOST as much as I do! Man, I'm sure gonna miss them though. So many fun times and memorable experiences. We'll keep in touch though and we'll always have our friendship, so no worries. I received my "dying envelope" this past week. It's pretty much just like my flight plans, the things that will happen and meetings I'll need to attend these last few weeks. I was NOT HAPPY to get it but I've come to grips with it now. I've still got some time, so I'm not letting it get to me TOO MUCH. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to attend MORE meetings though. This past week just wore me out with the Zone Leader Council and then Leadership Training the very next day. We'll see though. I'll pray extra hard I can make it through alive. There is so much happening that's not really related to missionary work and working in our area here coming up these next few weeks, so that's kinda a bummer but it's all good. We'll make the best of it. Good thing we've got some good people lined up for Baptism! So that's pretty much been my few days since we last talked.
Do you realize?...I'm flying on Friday the 13th! What? AHHH! This stinks.. That really worries me that you haven't received the package I sent you yet...They didnt' give me a tracking number or anything. All they gave me was a receipt that said how much it cost. Lame. Well I'll keep praying and hopefully it'll show up. I'm glad you're looking at the Ridge. I've talked with people here on the mission who went to BYU Idaho before they came out for a bit, and they lived there, or some knew people that lived there and said it was definitely worth the money and is THE BEST place to stay on campus. There really are so many benefits to staying there. I get my very own room besides! Plus, I'm super close to Grandpa and Grandma and the Temple! YEAH! I remember Elder Reeser told me that he was going to stay in Brighton before he left back home and he wasn't looking forward to it. He even suggested the Ridge to me.
I will definitely keep you in my prayers Steph, no worries. Just keep reading and praying. I would love to be the DJ! That would be so sweet! I be so down for that and you know I'd play good music for it too, Steph. I'm so excited to dive right into everything with you and help you out with all the much needed preparations. Don't you worry. I'll be there to help all you need. You just need to promise to help normalize me when I get back, k? Cool.
Well the next time I'll talk to you will be my normal P-Day, so Monday and not much will have happened by then probably but it's ok.
Ivy's Baptism is on Sunday, and that's pretty cool! What a blessing it is to see so many wonderfully, prepared people take upon themselves the name of Christ, promising to follow Him and keep His commandments throughout their life. Such a blessing! I can't even begin to explain. I love you guys. You're all too awesome and good to me.
Stay strong and keep moving forward! Until next week...Do what you do!

Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Out with 2011 starting anew with 2012!!! Talk with you again next year.....