Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What a whirlwind of a week

Hey Everyone!

What a whirlwind of a week! I actually don't think I've ever used that word in my life...but thought I'd just throw it in right there, so there you go. Ha! No, it really has been pretty crazy though, let me tell you! But, before that, how was your week for pete's sake? Ha! Not sure why I used that one either...guess I'm just in a random mood right now, I don't even know. Sounds like you guys have been busy, AS USUAL, and that's awesome! I'm seriously so glad to hear that you're all keeping busy and keeping the work going! Thank you so much, seriously, for putting that money in my account! You guys HONESTLY did not need to do that. I'm serious. You guys are truly the best. I'm not kidding. Thank you so much Grandma and Grandpa Grover and Susan! You guys seriously ROCK! Oh, that means you guys are great! (for Grandma and Grandpa...might need some translating on that one) I have been looking around and asking around for different suit stores and I'm starting to narrow it down to a few different places. What color do you think? Probably some kind of black, huh? Something that will go with everything, right? Oh, and did you want any ties, Dad? They're honestly INCREDIBLY cheap here and pretty good quality. I'm talkin like 2-3 dollars American. If so, just let me know what color and style and I'm sure they'll have something very close to what you'd want. Same with you guys Steph and Mom and Bobby...what would you guys like? Seriously, stuff here is so cheap and it's actually ok quality. Would you like me to send a package home for Christmas for the family from me? Because I can do that if you'd like. Or do want me to hang on to it and give it to you when I get back. Actually, I might have some stuff to send home in a package anyways that's mine that'll need to be sent apart from my luggage. We'll see. Let me know what you think. Thanks! Thank you so much for sending that envelope by the way Mom! I really appreciate it! I use those talks ALL THE TIME! I'll be watching for it, so no worries. I talked to President Chan about the scholarship and he seemed to know exactly what I was talking about. He's REALLY familiar with doing recommendations and stuff like that, so he said he'd take care of it. I dunno what he has to do though for it. He just said he has it under control. If you need to, you guys can e-mail the mission office or something and see what's up, because I don't exactly know how this works...whatever you think. Those classes sound great! They really do! I have no complaints with them and I'm READY TO WORK!...as a Missionary that is. Ha! I can't think about that too much right now. We have a lot of investigators that are honestly taking up SOO much of our time it's insane! We don't really have time to think or even talk about other things. I guess that's a good thing though, Well, I guess Elder Wing finds some time every now and then, since he's going home, well...quite soon. I want to take more religion classes though for sure! I'm gonna need SOME kind of spiritual uplifting while I'm there! I'm just kidding, I know I'll be able to get it everyday and it won't be a problem. I just really like the religion classes there. Any of those ideas for things to do in the evening sound great! I'd love to join an intramural sport! That would be so awesome! Thanks for doing all this for me by the way guys! You're seriously THE BEST! For real, no joke this time...not that I was ever joking before, but you know what I mean. Just something I've been kinda thinking about lately...is there any chance whatsoever on a car? Pray about it...and REALLY, I mean REALLY wait for that answer...if you're not sure...DO IT AGAIN! Ha! I'm just kiddin, but really, you have no idea how convenient it was to have one when I was there. Just something to think about...REALLY think about. Come on, help me out here Steph. So, our week...whew! Our week has been another one of ups and downs. We had quite a few pullbacks, which means that we meet them on the street at the same place we go finding everyday, and bring them back to the Church that very moment. It's pretty cool and way awesome to see these people really test their faith and trust in the Spirit that what they're going to be experiencing is the truth, and something they've been in need of. So, we had a good number of those. We had some people that were supposed to get baptized yesterday but we had to push their dates back to next week and the week after, because their employer did not give them a day off this past week, so they weren't able to come to Church and we weren't able to teach them. And YES, that is very against the law. Each employer MUST give the people working for them 1 full day of 24 hours off each week. That is the law. It's sad to see these poor Filipinas and Indonesians just get pushed around the way they do. It really is. But, we still had 5 baptisms for the Zone as a whole this past week, which is HUGE! So, that was exciting. The people we have lined up now are INCREDIBLE! They have changed so much, have gotten so much anti-christianity from their friends, family, and even their employers, and yet they still come and still want to be baptized! Pretty sweet, huh? Oh man, it's just making me excited thinking about it! I'll let you know how all of those end up panning out. Elder Wing and I are doing AMAZING together! We are so right together and really have so much unity! We laugh and have fun, that it's almost too much! But no worries, we're still focused. Well, one of us at least...Haha! I'm just kidding. He's doing great and is trying to live it up as much as possible! We're loving this work. Loving these people. Loving our Zone. Loving this Mission! Tomorrow we have a Mission Conference and we were assigned to give three different sharings during this conference... we'll see how that goes. Psh! Just kidding. We have faith everything will go well. Thanks for all you guys continue to do for me, and for the other missionaries here in the mission. They love you ALMOST as much as I do! Well, actually it's not even close. I LOVE YOU GUYS! Stay strong and BE HAPPY! That's what it's all about. Until next week...Do what you do!

Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

We're loving this work. Loving these people. Loving our Zone. Loving this Mission!