Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Hey Everyone!

Has it really been a week? No way...I'm not buying it. Well anyway, my week sure flew by. What about you guys? Mom, it sounds like your trip to Utah sure was a rollercoaster ride and definitely not the most exciting trip you've taken to Utah, but that's ok. I'm sure Kevin was watching from above and loved how you would support family and be there to remember him and such. I will continue to keep his family in my prayers and hope they are doing well. Give them my best wishes, please. I can't believe you did ALL THAT for the missionaries Dad! Whew! That's quite a bit of stuff, you know? They HAVE to be grateful for you now. I guarantee that's all they talk about once they leave the house. When you're with you're companion, you always try and bring up the good things that are happening in the work, such as member support, investigators progressing and so on. I'm sure you're most definitely their favorite member to visit now! Lucky them, they get to do it quite often as well. I have been blessed here countless times with the member support and love. It's crazy to think how much these members of the Church care about you when they don't really even know you. They know as their brother or sister, but it's just different, ya know what I mean? I will forever be grateful for the members and investigators I met on my mission that have supported me and my companion in the building up of the Kingdom. Never will there be a better way to show love than through serving others, and especially through the missionary efforts in the Church. I can't even begin to say how much I've received from seeing members be a part of someone's conversion and then seeing them build that everlasting friendship. This really is the work of God. Nothing can stop it from moving forward. Absolutely nothing! Each and every day, we try and count our many blessings we've received from participating in the work of the Lord, but each time, we're unsuccessful...THERE'S TOO MANY! So, Elder Wing is preparing to leave soon. Today, we're going to do some last minute shopping for him before he leaves for home, and he's getting pretty nervous. I DON'T BLAME HIM! I'm terrified to come home...honestly guys! But, I know it's what I need to do, and something I'm TRYING to accept, slowly but surely. I don't think I've ever worked harder my entire mission than we have been these past few weeks. Meal times for us each day don't really exist, because we'd rather be out finding more people, bringing them back to the Church, or calling potentials and setting up times to meet with them on their day off. It's pretty intense. I've never been more physically and mentally drained in my life! But, I'll never let it get in the way of the work. Nothing will stop us from doing this. We've had a lot of disappointments this week, but Satan can only do so much, until we exercise our faith and just GO HUGE! This next week is really looking up and we're super excited for it. Hey, Thanksgiving is also coming up! I just barely realized that as I was typing this! Ha! A while ago, we actually talked about having our own little Turkey Bowl here in the morning for exercise. That would be pretty fun. I'm pretty sure we're also having a mission activity but I'm not sure what it is yet. It's gonna be on Thursday because that's everyone else's P-Day, but ours will still be on Monday, so that'll be interesting. Last Tuesday and Wednesday, Elder Wing and I had to travel up to Kowloon Tong for Zone Leader Council and a Leadership Training. They were pretty good meetings but lots of time not able to find new investigators. It's ok though. We learned a lot and are excited to start putting some of these plans into our Zone to become better and more effective tools in the hands of the Lord. Oh, and Steph I got your package! Thank you so much sis! You're the best! The card was very very sweet. Thank you. It brought a tear to my eye as I was reading it. You're so thoughtful sis. The shirt fits great! I wore it yesterday to Church and loved it! Thanks! The candies were pretty awesome as well. I gave a lot of them to other missionaries and they wish they could come to the wedding cuz that's all I ever talk to them about! Thank you so much Grandma Carey for the money! You really didn't need to do that but I appreciate it so very much. I promise I'll be sure to use it wisely. Same with the money you put in for me Mom and Dad. No need to worry. I won't buy rocks, or crap, or whatever else is useless. Oops...hope Grandpa Grover doesn't read that. You might want to delete that part before you send it out. Well, what would you guys like for Christmas? I know there's gotta be something you're wanting from Hong Kong! Come on, what is it? I won't spend that much and I promise I won't get shirts this time! I still remember you guys telling me about those and how small they were! Haha! Do you still wear it as a belly shirt dad? Just wondering. Well, I hope and pray you guys have an awesome week and I'll talk with ya next week. I love you all so much! Until next week...Do what you do!

Love Always-
Elder Carey
p.s. #100!

1 comment:

The Careys said...

I have been blessed here countless times with the member support and love.