Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Friday, October 7, 2011

Can't wait for conference this week....

Hey Everyone!

Holy cow has it ALREADY been an entire week since the last e-mail?! No way! I'm not kidding you, time has NEVER gone by faster than it has out here! So much has happened this week, just like every other week, and I'm so grateful for the experiences I'm having out here and the miracles I'm so privileged to see! It's like a dream...and one that's too good to be true! It's sure getting a whole lot cooler here and fast! I think that typhoon set it off last week but it's ok though, because it actually feels way good and a nice break from the heat and humidity. Definitely something to be grateful for!
We've been visiting some sweet members and getting some pretty good referrals from them, it's such a blessing for sure! I tell you, referrals are honestly THE BEST! I'm so grateful for member missionary work! Yesterday was especially cool. We went on a bike ride, because it was a holiday all day, with the young men and young women! Do you know how long it's been since I've ridden a bike?! TOO LONG! Boy, was it fun though! We had some investigators come with us, and they were building some pretty good relationships with them. It felt so good to see that happening. That's such a HUGE contributing factor in one's conversion. They HAVE to have friends there supporting them and helping them along the way, especially for those who are young men/young women age.
Right after that, we had a pretty big Ward bbq at this bbq place here in Tuen Mun. Oh, it was ridiculous! (in a good way.) We were able to have so much face time with the members as well as our investigators. They were able to meet EVERYONE in the Ward, and even have it be outside of a Church setting, just to show them, 'hey, we're normal to, you know!' You know what I mean. It was probably the coolest bbq I've ever been. I took some pics so you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.
Elder Morgan and I have been concentrating so much of our efforts on the Ward lately, and we've received SO MUCH help from them and so much support that it's insane! We love it! We can see the work progressing here SO QUICKLY! If not for us, for missionaries in the very near future!
We're so lucky to be a part of it and to be helping not only those who have not yet been introduced to the Gospel, but also those members who are still coming unto Christ. We love this more than anything! We eat, drink, sleep, and breathe for these people! That's all we ever think about and it brings so much happiness and so much comfort each and every day.
So, today is going to be pretty fun. I'm actually in Wan Chai right now e-mailing at the same place I would every single week with Elder Harper and Elder Feigleson! Crazy, huh? We just got flu shots because the mission told us every missionary must get one, so we had to come down to the Wan Chai Chapel for that, but it's ok.
Today, Elder Morgan and I are going to be walking a lot around Wan Chai and Causeway Bay just looking at things we might wanna get before we leave because we won't have very many opportunities to come down here again and do so. So, we're both pretty excited because we both really like shopping and looking at nice stuff. We're so different, but so alike at the same time.
Oh, and of course I'm excited for GENERAL CONFERENCE! I've never enjoyed it more in my life than here on my mission! It's seriously the greatest thing ever! We've been getting pumped for it in our apartment by listening to The Mormon Tabernacle Choir NONSTOP and reading and listening to talks all the time! We're ready! We've got quite a few investigators coming to it as well so that's something to be pretty stoked about also!
Ok, and just to answer some of your questions...yes I probably will need some more cleanser, toner, and acne treatment gel. Thanks mom! The apartment I stay in now is a very tall building. We live on the 31st floor, if that gives you an idea. Pretty high, huh? It's pretty sweet though and you have a way good view of just GREEEEN and more tall buildings! I love it! Every apartment I've stayed in has been a tall building. Where our apartment is at least on the 25th or up floor except for Macau. Macau is a lot different from Hong Kong. They don't have as tall of buildings there. But yes, this is the nicest apartment in the Mission, other than the Temple, of course. I mean, how can you compare with that?
I'm staying healthy and getting enough to eat. I'm totally fine. I'm loving life here, and dreading going home...but looking forward to it at the same time.
I love you guys! Thanks for all you do for me and for this work in which we are engaged.
Until next week...do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Can't wait for Conference.. We get in 1 week later since it has to be translated into Cantonese.