Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What a Blessing to see so many new investigators

Hey Everyone!
Well, how's the gang back on the homefront?! I'm so happy you guys found time to contact Elder Morgan's parents and talk with them for a while! Oh man, when I was reading that, I told Elder Morgan and we both just started freaking out! We're way excited for you guys! You HAVE to hook up with his parents for sure! They are incredible people from what he tells me. We brag about our families more than I think we ever have on our whole Mission. The more we talk about you guys, the more we find out how much we have in common. We were literally just talking about how sweet it would be to play some golf together when we get back and have our families meet up and do stuff together. Oh boy, good stuff. Yeah, Elder Morgan is sooo funny! He is constantly cracking me up as well as every other Missionary in the Mission! By far, one of the funniest people I think I've ever met! Definitely brings back good memories from the MTC! We're so excited and so ready to serve together. We would always joke about it and say how funny it would be if we ever had the chance to serve together or even live together later on down the road. We really get along quite well together and can definitely relate with a lot of things whether it be before the Mission or during the Mission. I couldn't be happier with my companion or my area right now. I'm so excited and happy and up-beat, it's almost too good to be true. We're lovin life right now!!! This is kinda a side note, but last night when we were finding, I saw this guy wearing a Washington Huskies shirt! What?! Yeah, I tried and tried and tried again to stop him but he just wasn't having it but it was just funny and brought back memories from home...not in a trunky way though of course. Yeah, you'll have to let me know how the game goes for sure. So just to answer a few of your questions...it takes about an hour and twenty to get from the New T's to Kowloon Tong...that's like the longest it takes to get from one place in Hong Kong to another. I'm not complaining but compared to getting from one area to another, it's a lot longer. Elder Wing was in our group as well. That's why it was so awesome to serve with him, and then Elder Morgan right after! We just reminisced about the MTC over and over again!
Domestic Helpers are either Filipinas or Indonesians that live with a Chinese family and pretty much do the housework for them while they go to work. They get paid, some a lot, some not very much but there are quite a few here in Hong Kong. That's why there's a whole separate Zone specifically for International and serving and teaching them. That is the only Zone in the Mission I haven't served in. Pretty amazing, because I've had the opportunity to see all of Hong Kong and Macau. I'm pretty lucky. I'll be waiting for Grandma and Grandpa's letters but I rarely go to the Mission Office, unless we have a meeting with the leaders or with the Mission but I'll still keep an eye out for it. They're such a blessing in my life. I love them both so very much! It also sounds like you've been pretty busy with all your salsa making! Oh boy, I remember those days. I also remember last year when you sent some and everyone in my apartment would beg me for some every day! It's all good, I think I can wait until I get home to test out this batch. Wow mom, you're like a machine just pumpin the salsa out! That's what I'm talkin about! So, we just barely started this move last Thursday, and there's six weeks in each move. So, now have 2 moves and 5 weeks left...ugh I hate saying that now. I want longer! It's ok though. It's not what I want that matters. So, I pretty much have 3 moves left.
So, just real quick, this past week has been pretty awesome! We've been finding so many new GOOD investigators! There's a difference between finding TONS of investigators and a good amount that actually have real interest in the Gospel. We have been blessed enough to meet those that are so prepared and ready to hear this message. Part of which has come from teaching some part member families. They're gonna need some work though because they really have ZERO Christian Background whatsoever but that's totally ok. It doesn't matter if it's me here or another Missionary down the road that sees them partake in the waters of baptism. What is important is that they understand the importance of their very first covenant they make with their Heavenly Father. That's one thing Elder Morgan and I have been focusing on a lot more lately and having quite a bit of success with it.
Ok, well I think that's about all I've got for this week. Elder Morgan and I are really have such a great time together, and I'm hoping and praying we'll stay another move together but we'll see. I love this work. OH HOW I LOVE THIS WORK! It changes lives. Changing one's life is not an easy task, but with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, ANYTHING is possible, and we can do hard things. I love you all so very much! Really, I do. You all mean everything to me.
I thank you for your prayers, your support, and your encouragement. Keep working hard and loving life.
Until next week...Do what you do!

Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Sooo Many GOOD new investigators...