Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Friday, September 2, 2011

"4 day miracle"

Hey Everyone!
WOW! This week has been a pretty intense time for me! It's been great and the work's been awesome but I guess I'll just get started right into it. So, actually on the authorized missionary card I carry around with me wherever I go that says I am a Missionary for the Church and that I am allowed to proselyte until January 11, 2012 and moves day is January 12, both of next year. Elder Merrill was going over things with President Chan and talking about next year's moves and it turns out that we are only allowed to go 30 days earlier or later from our assigned date on our card. We didn't realize that, nor anyone from our MTC District realized that. So, we all planned to just take February 23 or 24, whenever it was, because that was the move right after our actual 2 year mark. However, like I said, we're only allowed to go 30 days earlier or later from what our card says. Everyone in my District is the exact same. We honestly had NO IDEA WHATSOEVER! I am SOOOO sorry guys...I want to stay...I really do but this is something that's honestly just out of anyone's control. It's interesting because a couple of weeks ago when I was in the Temple, I was praying while I was in the Celestial Room about my mission and confirming if when I go home is the right date, like I always do, and for some reason, January 12 was popping into my head for some reason. I had NO IDEA why! Seriously, it was the weirdest thing! I prayed again, and again, and again, and everytime it was always the same answer. I now know why. Doubting the Holy Ghost is really NOT a good thing to do. We should ALWAYS trust His promptings and ACT on them immediately. That's something HUGE I've learned on my mission. Sooo, what I'm trying to say is that my mission will be ending on that moves day, which is JANUARY 12...I'm kinda bummed, because I want to stay...I LOVE helping these people come unto Christ! It's the greatest thing in the world! However, I know it must come to an end. I love honestly EVERYTHING about my mission, and wouldn't change any of it for anything! I know this is what the Lord wants, it's what the Church wants, and who knows, maybe it's what we want as well...but we just don't yet know it. So, I first off, would like to apologize if I've inconvienced any of you with other plans if you were planning on attending my homecoming, or anything of the sort. Steph, I'm SOOO sorry I'm messing the time up for you AGAIN and your wedding. I feel horrible about it. I really do. I've told tons of missionaries about how long you've had to wait, and then you planned it for when you thought I was going home, and now you have to change it. They think you're just AMAZING by the way for waiting. They're right. Mom and Dad, I'm sorry if you guys had already booked tickets or anything, or even a hotel...I would still REALLY love for you guys to come. It would mean so much to me. I want you guys to experience a taste of what I have since I've been away. I love you guys so much and I'm so grateful for your support of me out here and doing this work in which we are all engaged in. On another note, Mike got Baptized! YEAH! It was an awesome Baptism and right before he entered the font, the tears in his eyes came and you could tell, he'd been waiting for this day to come for a long long time. Elder Wing and I have called it, our "4 day miracle!" We taught him everything from Lesson 1 to Lesson 4, commitments involved as well as reviewing and having the Baptismal Interview. He is such an amazing kid and will go a long way in the Church. I can easily see him serving a Mission and some day finding himself in the Temple with someone who has the same standards as he does. What an amazing experience it is to witness and be involved in someone partaking of the blessings of Baptism and those that follow. Truly indescribable. Our Bishop had Baptized him because we felt that Bishop had done so much to help keep him coming to Church and looking after him, since he is President of the Priest Quorom, throughout these past 2-3 years. His parents still don't entirely approve but that doesn't bother us, nor him, because we all know that it's only a matter of time, whether it be in this life or the next but he WILL live with his family for time and eterntiy through participating in the sacred ordinances of the Temple. Oh man, there was so much more we did this week, but I really don't have time to share it all. I'm not THAT fast at typing. We had another visit from some General Authorities! The 2nd Councelor in the General Young Men's Presidency, the General Sunday School President, as well as the Asia Area Presidency: Elder Gong, Elder Watson, and President Perkins (all 70) came to visit the entire mission, and shared on how we can improve the work here in the China, Hong Kong Mission. It was an INCREDIBLE visit! We are so blessed as a mission to have such amazing opportunities to enjoy the presence of these wonderful men and partake of their words and sharings on how we can improve. Elder Wing and I have been so busy with the Zone, IT'S CRAZY! We've been at meetings every single day this week at Kowloon Tong and we're loving this knowledge and advice we're receiving! It's definitely working!
Well,lastly, I would just like to wish you a VERY HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I love you so very very much and once again, I'm sorry I'm not there to celebrate with you, but just know that I am and always will be there in heart. I love you and I am forever grateful for you and your continuous love and charity. YOU REALLY ARE THE GREATEST MOM! Also, thanks for the shirts Susan! I can't believe you went up to celebrate with them! That's sweet! I really am grateful for the shirts by the way! They make a WORLD of difference! Thank you so much! I'll be waiting for that package by the way. Thanks guys you're the best! Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

"4 day miracle" An awesome baptism.