Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sunday can be the busiest day of the week.. Who would have thought!

Hey Everyone!
Boy, how's everyone been this past busy week? I can tell you right now, I never thought covering two Wards here in Hong Kong and fulfilling Zone Leader responsibilities would take up so much time! There really is no such thing as personal time anymore for Elder Wing and myself. But hey, that's a good thing, right?! YES! It's nice to hear from ya again pops. I can only picture mom and a garage full of things getting ready to be shipped off to girls camp! Ha! She'll do fine though. Hopefully...Just kidding mom! I know you'll handle it like a champ and will really come to love it. Speaking of camping dad, we definitely got to hit up some camping when I get back! That is one thing I think about quite often. I forgot how much I enjoyed doing it. That's so awesome to got to help out with the Gates' home and prepare it for Elder Gates returning. That really is so crazy how fast his time went as well! I'm not kidding! It seems like Dallin, Daniel, and Brendan all left only a few months ago! NO WAY! I'm proud that you were able to render some much needed service for them and I know they appreciate a whole lot more than you think. There are prayers spoken for you that you can't even imagine. Mine being one example. I really am grateful for you dad and the great example you've continued to be as I've grown up and since I've been out. It's probably not the easiest thing to look after such crazy, disobedient kids like Steph and I but I can tell you that we're both grateful beyond description. The same goes for mom as well. There's no words to express gratitude for you guys and all the many things you always so willingly do for us. You went golfing again STEVEDALE?! Ugh! You're killin me pops! It's ok though, the Lord is REALLY trying my patience now...I can sure feel it. Haha! We're for sure getting back in the golf groove together again and guess what...I won't even get mad this time! Ha! Yes, I have picked up the packages at the Mission Office and they're all SO INCREDIBLY PERFECT! Thank you guys so much! I don't even know where to start with thanking you guys! Steph, the shirts are great! Maybe in a future package you could send just some plain colored tall t's. Like a size XL should be good. I just need something a bit longer because all I ever wear for P-days are b-ball shorts, so it's kinda hard to have shirts that are shorter. Whatever is fine. I love it, no matter what you send. Honest. Steve and Cathy, thank you guys A TON for the awesome treats! They've been quickly distributed to those who are less fortunate and have nothing to eat, a.k.a. the Elders in my apartment. Ha! Just kidding. No, but they really have been passed out and everyone's loving it all! Thank you so much for all you guys do for me. Your love and support has never gone unnoticed, nor will it ever. Mom and Dad, thanks so much for the last minute package! The cookies didn't quite make it...well after eating a few and everyone else in the apartment eating some as well, we realized that they were kinda furry on the bottom...so we decided they weren't really meant to be eaten. Yeah, I think they got kinda moldy. But everything else was great! Thank you! Along with the tall t's, do you guys think you could maybe send some more white shirts? Maybe like 2 or 3 short sleeve and 2 or 3 long sleeve? I'm sorry to keep having you buy them, but they get yellow really quickly during the summer and all the ones I have now have holes in the sleeves and armpits, and it's just gross. I would really appreciate it a whole lot! Thank you! Oh, and make sure they have pockets in the front. Thanks! Wow, this past week was a Doozy! Ha! I'm not even sure what that means, but I'll say it anyways! Remember how a few e-mails ago, I said I'd had the busiest Sunday of my life...well, this past Sunday just topped it! It was nothing but teaching, attending two Wards, being in charge of two Ward Finds, a Zone Potluck, teaching Priestood Meeting in Tuen Mun, and doing numbers with all the District Leaders! No time even for studies! That's actually how it's been these past few days! Elder Wing and I have just been running nonstop, but I've never felt better than I do right now. I'm more tired than I've ever been in my life but I can feel the Spirit working within our companionship and within myself more than ever. I know that the only way to keep moving is to be exactly obedient, not only to the commandments of God but also to the Mission Rules because those are, in fact, commandments from God. Last Friday night, we were also in charge of a Stake Missionary Activity! We put on a Luau! It was flippin sweet! We had more people than we thought come and loved the decorations, the food, the performances, the talks, EVERYTHING! It was an activity definitely planned out and lead by the Spirit! Who says Missionaries can't plan Stake activities? It was really great and we even had some less-actives and potentials attend as well. SCORE! I personally really enjoyed Tuesday, all day because we had a special visit from Elder Watson and Elder Wong, both from the seventy, speak to us as a Mission. Some Missionaris were even called up on the spot to give brief talks. It was so amazing to see the light shine from these two members of the Quorom of the Seventy! You could tell just by looking at them how much they cared for and loved each and every one of us. I'm so grateful we're able to have these opportunities happen in our Mission. It really does make a difference on the performance of the work. Truly, it does. I'm just so thankful and blessed to have each of you in my life and supporting me through these best two years. They really are some of the greatest experiences that will ever occur in my life, and I would never, for a second, think of trading them for anything. I love this work. It is true. It's always going to be true. I love you all and until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Sundays can be the busiest day of the week.
A few people have asked about things Elder Carey might need if they want to send a package. His birthday is October 27. Items he could use: white shirts tall 16 1/2 x 36/37 or short sleeve is fine. Treats or snacks he can share. Everyone has been so gracious- thanks go to Bobby and Steph,Brett, Susan,Peyton and Rissa, Steve, Cathy and the 2 A's and Grandma Carey. Thanks for all you have done the last couple of months. You guys rock.. Love Ya Dale and Connie