Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Church Leaders are so inspired

Hey Everyone! August 18,2011
I'm so glad to hear you all had an awesome week! Mom, girls camp sounds like it was, well, tiring but I'm sure you had a great time and would do it again in a heartbeat. I'm really sorry to hear about your condition, Steph. I know the Lord is only giving you this trial because he knows you can overcome it with his help and it's nothing you can't not handle. I know this is true. There have been sooo many times out here that I've felt like I've had too much to do or haven't felt worthy enough to perform a certain task but that means nothing to the Lord. If we trust in Him and know that He will ALWAYS help us, no matter what, we have nothing to fear. I love ya Steph! Keep going and add oil! Lans Drake's farewell sounds like it was pretty sweet. I honestly remember mine like it was just a few months ago...no joke! I can't even talk about where I think the time's gone because there's just no point. I was so happy to hear about Calvin and how he's been! Each day, I think of him and how amazing it truly is that he's out doing the same exact thing I'm doing here in Hong Kong. A few years ago, he didn't even know the Church existed, and now he's spreading the word like wildfire! He's always been such an amazing example to me, and will continue to be. My week was pretty awesome! Last Sunday, Elder Wing and I decided to help out the Butterfly Elders with a Ward Find they were holding. It was such a humbling experience, because we could've as easily just as gone finding in our area but for some reason we really felt a spiritual impression that said, "forgot about your own area and your own companionship for a bit, and go help your Zone." So we did. We ended up finding 2 new investigators for them and teaching them on the street. I know that those spiritual promptings aren't just there as suggestions. They're there to really help us know what is best and what decisions to make. This past Monday, we also had a great opportunity to visit with our Stake President at his home. It's my first time to ever visit with the Stake President of a Stake, except when I was in Macau, because President Chan is also the Stake President of Macau but still way cool. We talked about a lot of things the Stake has been doing very well as well as some areas it could improve in. Seriously, it was so amazing to look into this man's eyes and see the revelation he was receiving on behalf of the Stake concerning the Missionary Work going on there. I have a Testimony of Leaders of the Church and know that they truly are called for a special reason. Others may not know why, or the leader themself may not know why, but the Lord does and that's what matters. Elder Wing and I are so privileged to be working side-by-side with such an amazing man. We can't wait to get started on all the many things we discussed and we know it really is the will of the Lord for us to carry these things out. I'm very grateful for this opportunity of a lifetime to serve our Lord, Savior, and Redeemer, even Jesus Christ. I firmly believe it really is Him whom we serve. Through Him, nothing is impossible and we never have anything to fear. I love you all so much. Thanks for your time this week. Sorry if this one's kinda lame and short but I don't have a ton of time to e-mail today. We have to go get another summer missionary Elder Wing and I are receiving today at Kowloon Tong. I'll tell ya all about him next week. Hopefully he likes ball as well...I love you guys! Keep going! Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Met with the Stake President of this area. It is easy to see the hand of the Lord through Great Inspired People.