Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Baptism this Sunday

Hey Everyone!
August 24, 2011
Boy has this week flown by or what! It's good to know it's not only hot here but it's hittin you guys as well! Sometimes I think ALL the hot weather just decides to hit ONLY Hong Kong and nowhere else but that's good to know you guys have it too. Haha! Well, how have ya'll been? It's certainly been another quick week over here for me! I'll just get started right into this one. The Stake President over the New T's Stake is a Native. He has to be if he's the Stake President, I would assume at least. He's awesome and such a humble, soft spoken guy. Hey, kinda like our Stake President now as well as our previous one! I guess that's a must for all Stake Presidents. Lately, we've been playing a lot of ball with one of his sons. He's 16 years-old and is WAY TIGHT with Elder Wing and I. He's never been closer with any Missionaries in his life before and we're so lucky to start that relationship with the Young Men. So then even future Missionaries that serve here will already have that. That's one thing we always focus on when we go to areas is the relationship with the youth, Young Men especially because they are the future Missionaries of the Church, and we are their examples right now. We really are so blessed to have that though with him. He sometimes just calls us to see if we need any help with lessons during the day or if he can come finding with us or if we wanna go and play ball with him that night. He really is quite amazing! Seriously, I am so grateful for you guys. You really have no idea! The changes in the Ward sound pretty intense! I can't believe there's been THAT much has happened! Oh man, I remember it just as if it were yesterday and would drive to the Church way early in the morning and Brother Richards would give an awesome lesson, which would change the lookout on my whole day. Good times.That's funny that you mentioned Warm Beach (First week of intense football training) because I was honestly just thinking about that this past week. I think about football SO MUCH out here and that brotherhood that was formed from those long, hard days out on the field. I wanted to kill myself it was so hard sometimes but now that I look back on it, it was SOOO worth it! Thanks for stickin it out with me guys! Your support was much needed then and you guys answered the call better than imagined. So, just really quickly, my P-day actually changed, just for next week only, to Wednesday. So, I'll be e-mailing then. Just make sure that you guys send your e-mail a day early and then I can respond to it. Also, I don't know if you guys remember, but a while ago I said there was a kid that was waiting to turn 18 to be baptized, well some things came up and he wasn't able to do it then. He's getting baptized on Sunday! YEAH! We're thinking of having a Young Men baptize him. I'll let you know all about it next week! I love you guys so much! Have an OUTSTANDING WEEK! LOVE YOU!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

I remember this would have been the 1st intense week of football training at Kamiak HS. I thought it was hard but now I understand what it did to help me.