Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Moving Day and a new-old companion

Hey Everyone!
Boy has this week been a busy one or what! I just can't believe how much is happening in such a short amount of time! Miracles are flowing and people's lives are changing for the better each and every day because of this marvelous work to which we are all called to. I love it so much! It really is a blessing, privilege, and indescribable opportunity to be here at this time. I honestly don't think I can use words to describe how I feel! I'm not kidding you guys! This is INSANE!...In a good way of course. I'll touch on your guys' week first. I just started laughing when I saw the picture of you guys taking that Seattle Duck tour! Haha! I can only imagine you guys being there and having a blast with all of Dad's buds! It really does sound like a pretty fun activity and by the looks of your guys' faces, I can tell it was. You guys sure look great though! I love getting pictures each week of what you've been up to and how things are looking back on the home front. I'm sure that "DaleSteve" coming was enjoyable as well! Carey Clan, you guys ROCK by the way! I love ya guys! I'm sorry but this is just a sidenote...I'm sitting in this clubhouse right now E-Mailing and in front of me are these two probably 60-70 year-old men playing some ridiculously intense ping pong and it's flippin hilarious! I'm having trouble concentrating right now, so I apologize if this E-Mail sounds out of wack. Oh, they just had a super intense rally! The grunts they make are pretty funny too. It's like the manly women that play tennis! Ha! I know you know what I'm talking about! Anyways, back to this, That BBQ for the Stake 24th of July Celebration sounds as though it went over pretty well. It's always fun being with the Stake and being able to see everyone and support each other in what we know is right and then have some fun on the side as well. They didn't really do anything here in Hong Kong to celebrate Pioneer Day, but that's ok. I'm not even sure how many people know about Pioneer Day in the first place. It's all good. I celebrated it in my heart. Why is it that I can picture you and Patrice sitting next to each other and just completely losing it SO EASILY?! Just kiddin Momma. I love ya! That was very nice of you to send another package. I'll for sure be anxiously watching for it. Hopefully I get the chance to go to Kowloon Tong soon. Being out here in the New T.'s, we very rarely go because it's so far. Not as rarely as Macau though! That's crazy that Stephanie's already getting her stuff for the Wedding! I mean I guess it is that time, but still! I can't believe it's come this fast! There's no way that's possible! I'm sure you looked stunning Steph and I can't wait to be there to see you in person in it! I often feel like a marriage counselor as a Missionary but in a good way. People who are married and maybe having problems often ask us to help with an F.H.E. or come by every now and then to share a message. It's quite a privilege though, because no one is perfect and we are all continuously coming unto Christ, even those who are members are still young in the gospel here. My week was incredible! We saw so many miracles and are continuing to see them day by day. The lessons we had scheduled went pretty well. Some people didn't show but some did. Another great thing I love about being a Missionary is that when people don't show for appointments, which I think happens A LOT in Hong Kong, it doesn't really affect us. We just go on and find someone else or help that person find a way to come next time. We rarely get down and sad about it and I strongly believe that's a blessing from the Lord to His servants. He knows we're going to get stood up by investigators. It's kinda inevitalbe but through our trust in Him and then receiving strength through that trust, we can overcome ANYTHING! Today is also moves day and it turns out that I'm actually getting a new companion! It's Elder Wing, from my MTC group! We're gonna be Zone Leaders together! Now, instead of covering three Wards, we're only covering two...Tin Shui Wai and Tuen Mun. I'm also moving apartments and moving to Tuen Mun. Right now we live in Tin Shui Wai. So yesterday and today we've been moving slowly but surely all of our stuff. Wow, that was bad grammar, but I don't really wanna go back and change it. I'm sure a lot of my letters are like that, but it's ok. Today, we're also getting a Summer Missionary in our Companionship! YEAH! You remember last year how Elder Loong and Merrill got one. Well, now I have the privilege of getting one as well and I'm super stoked about it! I'll pick him up today at Kowloon Tong when I go to get Elder Wing. This new apartment we're moving into is SUPER NICE! I would say it's probably the nicest in the Mission. Not the biggest, but definitely the cleanest and neatest...except the Temple of course. I don't have a lot of time left, but I just wanna let you all know how much I love and appreciate everything you do for me and for this work. I wish you all a great week and hope and pray for your health and success! I love you! Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Moving Day and a new-old companion. Elder Wing was in my district at the MTC.