Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Busy week. Lot of area to cover

Hey Everyone!
Wow, what a great E-Mail you sent Dad! I was just dying through some of it because of how you were describing mom's preparation for TREK! Haha! I can only imagine...I remember TREK, honestly, like it was yesterday! Oh man, such great memories from it. I'm sure mom will definitely learn a lot and love it as well. I mean, she has to love it...just look how excited she looks in that picture! I can't believe how fast the Chapel is going up! I showed my companion, Elder Lee, and he can't believe it either! He's wishing he had a chapel like that too! We sure are lucky to have such a nice place to worship our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ. I'm just in shock at how fast it's going up. I guess if they're expecting it to be done by February, they're right on track. That's a great idea to get the Missionaries to help you out with the yard to fix the broken sprinkler line. I know that's gotta be a tough job, and there's no reason for just you to do it alone, Dad. So, YES, have the Missionaries come and repay you for all the times you've fed them! That would be awesome if you could get the Zone Leaders to your correllation meeting and then have them help you in the yard as well. They're the example setters for everyone in their Zone, and what better way than to serve a faithful, dedicated Member of the Church. I love giving service here even though it's probably not as much as Missionaries do it in the States. It really does bring a feeling of joy that is inexpressible. It's a ba-gillion times better than receiving the service. I can testify of that, and I know that no matter who it is we're serving, it's always our Father in Heaven who we're serving. I have a Testimony of the divine nature of service, and know it doesn't have to be getting down and dirty, but it's the small things that make a world of difference. I guarantee you, Dad, if you guys are going on exchanges that often with the Missionaries and are one of the only Wards holding correlation every week, every Missionary is just DYING to serve in our Ward. I guarantee it! Member help...boy I can't even stress how much of a difference it makes in the work and the lives of the Missionaries. For example, last Sunday, which was the busiest Sunday I've ever had on my ENTIRE MISSION because of having to attend 3 different Wards, we had a Ward find after Church with members from the Tin Shui Wai Ward and had tons of success! I'm telling you, when investigators, or random people on the street see members ALONG with Missionaries, it's a whole different perspective to them. They notice that not only Missionaries are passionate about their beliefs and want to share it, but every member of the Church is as well! It makes a difference. It really does. So, keep going Dad! Keep being there for the Elders. I can guarantee they pray for you and the Ward like crazy. They are grateful for you and your hard work, even if they don't show it as much as they should. I can promise you, they thank the Lord for you more than you think. I know this from personal experience, and I know that there's power in prayer. I've seen it in my own life, member's lives, and investigator's lives. It's huge! Boy, everything else at home sounds like it's going just peachy! Ha! Not sure why I used that word. That's pretty sweet you guys were able to watch the movie 17 Miracles. Yeah, that would be sweet if the Mission could get it, because our movie list is well, let's just say, rather limited. It really sounds like you're doing great at home, Pops! Sounds like work is moving forward and you're enjoying it as well. I'm glad, because if you weren't, then I'd be in trouble, considering that's what I'm gonna be doing as well. People often ask me what I wanna do with my life when I get home, and I love telling them all about you and how much of a blessing it is to have you helping me as much as you do. I'm pretty excited to work with you Dad but I know it's gonna take some work and once I'm finished here, I'm ready to get started. School and the office... You can mark my words there..."I'm ready to get started!" I'm not gonna go on much longer, but just wanted to let you know my week went pretty well. It's pretty busy covering 3 rather large Wards, with having to meet all the members, investigators, less-actives, and remember who's where. A lot of our time is taken up from traveling from place to place since our area is kinda big, but those are all great finding opportunities, and we're trying to make the best of them. So, last Friday I was able to interview one of our investigators in the Tuen Mun Ward for Baptism and he passed! He should be getting Baptized this Sunday, which also happens to be his 18th Birthday! He's been an investigator for a couple of years but hasn't been able to get baptized because his parents wouldn't let him. However, once someone is 18, they can make that decision for themselves, so that's exactly what he's doing! He has such a strong Testimony that just radiates when you talk to him. He acts as if he's been a member for the past few years already! What a blessing it is to be able to witness this extraordinary miracle happen in the life of this young man. I'm pretty sure one of my investigators in Macau should be getting baptized on Sunday as well, and I'm extremely happy for him! I gave him one of my ties because he didn't have any to wear when he came to Church. It wasn't that big of deal to me at first but when I gave it to him and saw him nearly start tearing up because of it, then it got to me. All of these people really are children of our Father in Heaven and deserve the very best. I hope to see him again, whether it be in this life, or the next. But I know he will also become a great Missionary and have a desire to serve with all his heart, might, mind, and strength. Today is a pretty special day because we get to go to the Temple! I have missed going so much for the past 2 moves and it has really felt like forever since I've been. That just goes to show how much happiness the Temple brings to people, I guess. I'm so humbled and grateful that the China, Hong Kong Mission has a Temple, and Missionaries can regularly attend and perform those sacred ordinances. I really do love to see the Temple, and I'm so glad I can go inside TODAY! Ha! You catch that song in there? Thank you so much for keeping in touch with me each week. It means so much that you guys support me as much as you do. Really, I am truly so grateful for all of you...Mom, Dad, Steph, and everyone else that's out there reading this. I love you guys so much! Have a great week and keep going! Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

2 comments:

The Careys said...

3 Wards to cover. Church all day on Sunday. Busy day. What a great day in the life of a missionary.

The Careys said...

Thank you for all your support of Elder Carey. Just received 2 new SD cards full of photos. New pictures coming.