Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's plenty warmed up now!!!!!

Hey Everyone!
It's nice to hear that the weather is getting better back on the home front! It's sure not getting much better here. It's getting so hot and so humid and so rainy all in one! Not the best weather to be outside finding in, but I'm just grateful and blessed to be doing it in the first place. How crucial it is to constantly remember that! As soon as you forget it, the Lord sure makes it known that you need to lower your pride level and humble yourself QUICK! Or else! I really do love serving here. I honestly HONESTLY could not have been sent to a better place on the face of the Earth. I love everything about Hong Kong. I find out new things daily I've never heard of or known of before and things I'm not even wanting to find out or interest me but end up learning about them anyways! It's amazing! It's so important to know, and always remember, that EVERYTHING He puts in front of us, WILL be for our good. Robbby's gettting married?! What?! I didn't know that! The girl's name he's marrying sounds very familiar. Especially her last name. Maybe you can take some pictures and try and send them to me. I'm sure I'll recognze her when I see her. That's awesome though! I'm so happy for them! Tell them both that I send my best wishes and that I hope to see them both when I get home to congratulate them in person! Thank you so mcuh mom for doing those scrapbooks. I never even asked you to do them in the first place, but yet you are so diligent and loving that you do them anyway. Thank you so very very much for all you do! It means the world to me! Really! I love you mom! I GUESS I love you too Dad and Steph. Haha! Just kidding. Not about the love part, but about the "I GUESS" part. You can tell Anna that I also send her my best wishes and that I would also like to congratulate her in person when I return. She is such a sweet, kind person. I'm so happy for her! Send me pictures, just through e-mail if you can, of her and fiance. Thank you so much. Grandpa Grover is such a wonderful person and example to me of diligence and humility. Could you tell him that for me? I just received their letter this past week and I loved it as usual! They send me TONS of letters and I have loved every single one of them! I re-read them over and over again just to help keep me going in the work! As for me, the Baptismal Interviews this past week went great! Both passed and extremely excited to make that sacred covenant with our Father in Heaven. This past week was my first time doing a District Meeting and it also went pretty well. The theme was "The Vision." I based it off the First Vision and having a true Vision of Missioanry Work. I'm pretty excited for next Monday's District Meeting. I already have some stuff lined up that I feel will really help our District come closer in unity and more fully fulfill our Purpose in inviting others to come and see what this unique message is we have to share with the world. Oh, and Elder Holland comes on Tuesday! YES! He's going to speak to all the Missionaries at the Wan Chai Chapel for a couple hours! I'm so stoked! It's gonna be so cool to be able to take a picture with him and shake his hand! SWEET! Well, I think that's about all I got for this week guys. We changed some Baptismal Dates within the past few days a week earlier than we originally scheduled them due to the progress of these miraculously prepared sons of God. I'm so excited I'll still be here for sure to witness these Baptisms. I have faith they will not fall through like many have in the past. I know every single one of those were all great learning experiences and have only helped me come to more fully understand this work in which we are all engaged. I love this Gospel. I love our Savior, Jesus Christ, who so willingly suffered for me, you, and every other person that has lived, that is living, and that ever will live. Just think about that for a second....WOW! I am beyond words to describe my gratitude. Thank you all so very much for your personal sacrifices for me and making sure I enjoy my time out here. I can tell you thus far, I have enjoyed my mission and serving the Lord more than I ever thought possible. Thank you! Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

2 comments:

The Careys said...

It's warmed right up again.... Elder Holland comes on Tuesday

Harvard said...

Chris is doing sooo AWESOME!! I love reading his letters!! He is a pillar of spiritual strength!! I wonder where he gets that from? ........I guess from his Aunt Susan :)!!!!! Can't wait to see him when he gets home!!