Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Mothers Day call for me....

Hey Everyone!
Man, it was sure good to actually hear your guys' voices this past week! What a blessing it is to be able to call home and talk with those closest to you. I am very very blessed. You all sound like you're doing so great! You have no idea how good that makes me feel, just to know that you guys are still in good hands and going stronger than ever! That's awesome! It was pretty sweet to be able to talk to Nick! I wish we could've had more time though because most of that was just spent laughing and reminscing about the good ol days. It's all good though. We'll have plenty of time for that later, just like with you guys. I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends like him supporting me. Family and friends are really the drive of a Missionary, along with the love of the Savior and Heavenly Father's children. It just all comes back to love I guess! Boy, Steph and Bobby sure sounded great too! You have no idea how happy I am for you guys!!! AHHH!!! A WEDDING!!! How sweet is that gonna be?! I tell so many people out here about you guys and they just can't believe you guys are waiting for me to get home. I, myself, can't believe it at times either. But, I think of what it means and how grateful I am that you are waiting. I love you both so much and I'm so happy for you guys, no matter what happens. Just remember that. I'm glad you MOM and Dad did so well on your talks on Sunday. I asked how they went when I called, but I don't think the question fully processed through. It's ok though. I'm sure you guys just nailed it as usual! Mother's Day here was pretty cool. They gave little presents out to all the moms in the Ward on Sunday and the Elders Quorum sang in Sacrament Meeting. It was a very good program all centered around Moms! I couldn't help but think of you, Mom, and of course Eternal Families and the importance of them! How lucky we are to have the knowledge of the significance of an Eternal Family. I'm excited to see this picture that Dad blew up for you for Mother's Day, Mom. I'm sure it's way cool and of course you balled when you got it. It wouldn't be right if you didn't, huh? Haha! Jusk Kidding.. For our Zone Meeting on Monday, I gave some suggestions for the Zone as a whole, and helped the Zone set new goals. So not too much, but a bit. Moves (or transfers, as the rest of the world calls them, except the China, Hong Kong Mission) happen every six weeks but remember, I got Elder Poon in the middle of the move before last, so it's been over 9 weeks now. Yes, we do go to the temple every move, THANKFULLY! It's such a privilege! I'm so grateful we have a Temple in our Mission, and especially thankful for how close it is to us right now...just a nice easy 10 min drive. As for the shirts I have now, they're the longer ones you guys ordered (I remember) but they're still a little too short. 1 inch longer should do it. If you could send some that would be great! If not, that's fine too. But yes, it is getting to be scorching hot here! It's only May too! UGH! It's all good. We'll just try and teach as many lessons as possible inside the Church where there's nice cool A.C. Trust me, it's like your best friend here!
Thank you again Steve, Cathy, AD, Andrew and Jessica, Dori and Jim, Grandma Carey, Brett and Susan, Grandpa and Grandma Grover... Thank you for your guys' support and encouragement! I look at pictures of many of you guys from the last supper at Rodizzio. I'm excited to see you guys when I get back and then we can go back to that one bear site again! You know, where we had that AMAZING four-wheeling experience in the new Toyota, Avalon... PEYTON! Would you stop growing man! You can't pass me up! Haha! That's so cool he got into the Utah All-State Golf Association Team! CONGRATS BRO! Keep going! You even have fans clear over here in Hong Kong! People that don't even know you, but I tell them all about you and your skills with a golf club in hand! Their jaws just drop when I tell them about you man, seriously! I'm excited to play with you when I get back! Thank you so much for the money Susan! It really means a lot to me. But not nearly as much as your prayers, love, and support for me being out here do. Nothing compares to that. Money is money. But, I'm especially grateful for you and your family thinking of me and giving me so much support. Trust me, it NEVER goes unnoticed! Thanks Sus! So, my week has been pretty busy already! I won't get into all of it but I haven't really had time to just sit and relax for quite a while. It's ok though, as long as the work goes forward, that's all that matters. We've had GOLDEN investigators coming out of the works this week and setting dates for them like crazy! I'm so excited for what lies ahead these next few weeks! There's gonna be even more miracles happening left and right! Heavenly Father can test man's patience so well, it's not even funny! K, maybe a little, sometimes. So, I'm also giving my first Baptismal Interview on Saturday, as well as another one on Sunday. The one on Saturday is with a Chinese person, but the one on Sunday is with a Filipina. It's gonna be weird doing an interview in English! Ha! Tomorrow, there's also a huge Multi-Zone Meeting in Kowloon Tong, which should also be pretty good. I always love having these. There's always so much to take away from them and new ways to better accomplish the work. Thank you guys. Thank you so much for all you do. You all mean so much to me. Keep working...HARD! Stay focused on the task at hand, and take it one step at a time. The work is moving forward, The Church is true, and nothing will stop me from doing what I do. Until next week.
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

What a blessing it is to be able to call home and talk with those closest to you. I am very very blessed.