Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Friday, April 29, 2011

What a testimony build week we had! It was awesome

Hey Everyone!
So...first things first I guess. This morning we were all trying to meet as a District so we could go to Sai Gung (the place where we hit balls) all together as a group. Our companions didn't come with us so we had to exchange to do all that. While we were waiting in the Kowloon Tong MTR Station, Elder Morgan and I were waiting for Elder Liu to pull money out of the ATM when all of a sudden I hear this, "Elder Carey?..." Oh man, I recognize that voice...oh boy this is gonna be weird. I turn around, and of course it's Brother Tanner! You have gotta be kidding me?! There is no way we just saw each other! You were right! He literally hand delivered the package to me and we talked for a bit before he left. He was just on his way to the Mission Office to drop it off but luckily I was there to take some weight out of his bag for him! I haven't checked what's inside yet but I'm sure it's great! Thank you so much Mom for getting that ready for me! You really are seriously the BEST! NO JOKE! Don't worry, I thanked him plenty too, and made sure he knew how grateful I was that he brought it to me. I'm not kidding you guys, that was one of the weirdest experiences on my Mission...I mean don't get me wrong, I was thrilled to see him, but it was just so strange! I mean, you're not supposed to see people from home on your Mission. Especially when it's on the other side of the world! It was such a surreal experience no doubt. So that was something to be remembered for sure! Thanks again Mom! That open house you had for Steve sounds incredible! I'm not kidding. The more you guys tell me about these events you put on the more I am just amazed at how much you do for everyone! I promise you, that people see that and most importantly the Lord sees it. It really does sound like quite the event! I can't believe Stephanie and Bobby went on their own little road trip! How sweet is that! I bet Grandma and Grandpa absolutely loved having them over! There's nothing more they love than having guests over, especially family. Judging by the way Grandma cooks, I have no opposition towards that either. I'll happily stay there! Haha! I love you Grandma and Grandpa! Thank you so much for always taking care of me and my friends while I was at school and even since I've been out. I still have your picture sitting on my desk and I look at it every single day, making spiritual experiences during personal study turn into spiritual miracles and personal revelation flourish. That's pretty sweet they're stopping to see Susan and Brett, Grandma Carey, Steve and Cathy, Dori and Jim, and the whole gang! The Carey Clan once again! I loved making those trips when I was going to BYUI! They were things Bryce and I would always look forward to and couldn't wait to go see the FAM and just spend time with them! Oh man, those are things I constantly think about here is the importance of spending time with family. It is so important and there's no way I can ever take it for granted! NO WAY NO HOW! So today we went to the driving range, putting green, and a nice little buffet. It was all pretty sweet and we had a blast! I still had my game, Dad! We have to go when I get back! I forgot how much I loved playing. I think my patience has improved a bit too as a Missionary so I won't get as frustrated anymore. I know you know exactly what I'm talking about too! Haha! I was just killing it with a driver I rented! It's a little harder to hit in such humid weather but it was still flying pretty far. Most were landing at around 260 marker so it was a pretty good day. I think that's a great idea about having Susan just send me a card with money on it. That way I can buy ones I think I can get the most use out of and so forth. Sweet! Thank you so much Sus! I love ya! Your support and love means so much to me out here. It really does. Thank you so much for thinking of me! Our Basketball Tournament went so well! We had lots of people and lots of food to just like snack on and stuff. There were lots of investigators and other Missionaries that came as well. I played with another Missionary and their Investigator and we won it all! It was so much fun! There were nearly 15 teams that competed, so it was a pretty decent turn out. Lots of members came as well, so building that Member-Missionary relationship was crucial and I felt like we did a fairly good job with it. The time for the Mother's Day call sounds great! How about I call at 9 (my time) on Monday morning (for me)? I think that would probably work out best and wouldn't interrupt anything shceduled that day. How does that sound? Thank you so much! I'm so grateful for you guys and all you continue to do for me and for the Lord in moving the Kingdom forward! I love you all so very much and am so appreciative of all you do. You are always, always in my prayers and I hope you never forget that I love you all and care about you. Thank you again! Actually, I have one experience I'd like to share with you guys before I go. Yesterday, Elder Poon and I planned to go finding in this one area that really isn't that good but because we prayed about it sincerely, Heavenly Father told us we NEED to go there. No questions asked. So we did. We were trying so hard to find at least one good person but everyone just passed us and said they didn't have time or later they'll want it. Right before we were about to go back for a lesson at the chapel, we see this kid sitting on a bench at a basketball court. I knew, right from the very second I saw him, we needed to talk to him. So we did. We sat down with him and he was willing to talk to us and so we started getting to know him, sharing our purpose, and then sharing the unique message we have to share with the world...The Restoration. Everything was going great, and then one lady passes us, stops, stares at us, comes back, and hands this kid (probably 17) a flyer for this other random Church. It explains like when it starts and actually talked about "The Mormons" on it. Go figure. So she explains it a bit (mind you, while we're in the middle of teaching him a lesson on this bench) and then walks away. She walks about 50 feet away, turning back every 10 feet, stopping and staring at us. She comes back AGAIN and explains why he can't keep listening to us and that our Church is so evil. The kid doesn't know what to think right now. He's absolutely stunned, just as me and Elder Poon are. She says she'll see him on Sunday when they start their services, even though he never agreed to that...weird lady. Anyways, throughout this whole incident, which lasted about 5 minutes, guess what we were in the middle of teaching...THE GREAT APOSTACY! BOOM! Could there not be more proof of this Gospel's truthfulness, and a need for a Restoration. This kid just had a visual example right before him! How insane is that? Right when she finally left, I had the strongest urge to just pray with him right then and there on the bench. I didn't care if there were people around that thought we were weird or whatever. So we did, and boy did it invite the Spirit! Wow! I was telling Elder Poon after we got done talking with him and getting his number that things like that are experiences that need to be treasured and held dear. I hope to do that with this experience. Guys, the Gospel is true. No matter what way you look at it. I know it is. Despite all the evil and corruption in the world today, people can still find out for themselves that Christ's TRUE Church has been RESTORED and brought back to the Earth, never to leave again, through a young, innocent farm boy, who later became the Prophet of this Dispensation. Thank you all for all you do. I love you. Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Experiences need to be treasured and held dear!