Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Saturday, April 2, 2011

New ways to share the gospel message

Hey Everyone!
WoW, what a crazy week for all of us, or what! First of all, I would just like to extend my heart felt sorrow for Dad and his willingness to put up with the "not so great" Chicago Ritz Carlton Hotel they made him stay in. I'm glad you're such a good sport about it though, Dad. Maybe they'll upgrade you next time. JUST KIDDING! That Stake Young Womens Dinner sure sounds insane! I can't believe the things you guys served! I saw pictures of them and it blew my mind! We had a Ward Activity the other night, and our Ward is pretty large, but it was NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to what you guys prepared! That's amazing! For real! You guys should be proud of yourselves. You better save me some of that good cooking! Just sayin. You guys aren't getting old! Quit saying that. Dad, you just had your BIG 38, right? I swear you did. You guys sure keep going like you're young as ever though! Keep it up! General Conference isn't this weekend, but next. It's not broadcast at the same time in America, because they need to translate it, so it's actually the week after. But yes, I am very very excited for it! It's hard to believe that the last April General Conference I was in the MTC, almost leaving for Hong Kong! Can you guys even believe my Year Mark in Hong Kong is coming up on the 15th?! My MTC group is planning to have a fun P-Day together and just reminisce about the MTC days, how much we've changed since then, and share miracles we've all seen. I'm really looking forward to it! That's pretty cool that Linda Stevens was able to share about Hong Kong! I'm telling you guys, there's only so much one can share about this miraculous place! You honestly just have to experience it yourselves! I can't wait for that! I think of her and Priscilla so much out here, it's crazy! I didn't even know them that well before my Mission, but being out here among their people has really made me come to gain a love for them that is truly charitable beyond belief. You can tell the Ward that I think of them QUITE OFTEN! I love them and appreciate all they've done to help prepare me for this journey of a lifetime! Each day, I'm still in shock that I'm here in the first place! Much of which, should be given credit to the Ward. The Leaders, Bishopric, and every single Member is the difference between an "ok la" Missionary and an extraordinary Missionary! (Ask Priscilla or Sister Stevens about the "ok la". They'll understand for sure! Ha!) It's so true though! The Ward has such an amazing influence on those who either do or don't serve Missions, and when they do the difference of how that Missionary performs the Work. Just tell them to keep chuggin along! The New Chapel will be built before we know it! This is only a VERY SMALL time of persecution. It helps prepare us better for the future! The kid I helped Baptize is "A-Sing." He's 17 years-old. Ok, I'll share quickly about my week. Yesterday, I went to a Meeting with a bunch of other Leaders in the Mission for discussing how to effectively plan. I didn't realize so much went into it! I learned so much! SO MUCH! I'm so excited to start practicing it into the Work. I know FOR SURE it will make a difference of how our investigators receive this message and how effecitively we can be at inviting others to come unto Christ. Seriously, I learned A TON guys! I just wanna do this for school! I promise I'll still learn just as much, if not more! Haha! Along with that, we also had a major dropping of a bunch of investigators because they just weren't going anywhere and weren't progressing at all. President Chan has promised us that we WILL find those ready and prepared to receive this Gospel. I strongly believe that and so Elder Poon and I are hitting the pavement and finding new prepared children of our Father in Heaven. Today for P-Day, we went to a place called Sai Gung. We played tons of football and ultimate frisbee and made sand castles and just goofed around! It's been so long since I've played football! Oh man, it was so intense and so much fun! My team killed! It was one of the best P-Days yet! It was on this gorgeous beach with soft sand and I was even able to get a nice little tan! So that's why I'm E-Mailing so late today. Sorry, Mom, I know you were anxiously waiting. My bad. I'll try better next week. Things are going so great here. Really, I can't find words to describe the miracles I see or the experiences I have. They are so tender and so precious that it's impossible to find words for them. I feel I'm growing so much in this Restored Gospel and I LOVE IT! What a blessing and privilege it is to be out here right now. Hong Kong really truly is the place for me. I often watch my letter opening and just bawl! STILL! To this day! I have never ever felt the Spirit stronger than when I read that letter. It was as if I could all of a sudden see and feel myself meeting the people here. It was weird and I can't really describe it. The Spirit has helped countless times and I'm so grateful for the guidance of the Lord and the faith to Doubt Not, not Fear Not! I know the Lord is in everything I do here and He is constantly aware of me and those I share this Message with. I love you all back home so very very much! You are all just so PERFECT! I could not possibly have a better support system. You really are the best family and friends I could ever ask for. My joy is full and I wish to always keep it this way. I love you guys! Thank you!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

2 comments:

The Careys said...

I love appreciate my ward and all they've done to help prepare me for this journey of a lifetime! Each day, I'm still in shock that I'm here in the first place! Much of which, should be given credit to the Ward. The Leaders, Bishopric, and every single Member is the difference between an "ok la" Missionary and an extraordinary Missionary!

SoulShine said...

Hey whats up Elder Carey this is Trevor Lofgren sorry I don't know if i'm allowed to address you as that not being of the Church. I have been reading up on your blog and it is really cool to learn more about what a mission is and your experience with-it, very enlightening and quite the interesting perspective. I have a lot of questions about your faith and maybe you know how I could best go about having an opportunity to listen for some answer's