Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Twice In One Week Again! (I Bet You're Happy, Mom! Haha!)

Hey Everyone!
I have him now! I have my Native Companion! This is so sweet! He is so cool. We're not at all alike, but it's all good. He reminds me a lot of Elder Harding. He is actually like a year older than me and really likes to read comics and play computer games! This should be fun! I'm so excited! I've already learned so much from him and his great example to this amazing service we are both engaged in. His English really isn't good at all, so we're are doing nothing but speaking Chinese to each other! I LOVE IT! And I thought that English fast I had during my 2nd Move was a lot of Chinese! Psh! I can't even imagine what's ahead of me for the next few months+! What a blessing it is to train a new Missionary straight from the MTC! Seeing him walk into the Mission Office reminded me so much of when I first got here. Everything I'm doing right now with him just takes me back to my first days here in Hong Kong! It's such a privilege to be entrusted by President Chan and the Lord with one of His new and most willing servants! I can't even describe to you all the excitement I have right now! It's INSANE! His name is Elder Poon and he is actually from an area I served around when I first came to Hong Kong in Chai Wan. He is from Tseung Kwan O Ward, which is the same Ward as one of the Sisters that cover Tsim Sha Tsui area as well. They are really excited to be serving around each other too! It's pretty funny. I've gone on exchanges to that area before and it's a pretty nice area. A lot more green than most of the Island and where I was born, or started in, so that's pretty cool. We are both learning so much from each other, it's almost too good to be true! I'm so excited for this precious time I have with him to learn more and increase my knowledge of the language, the culture, and the overall lifestyle of a Hong Kong person. I'm serious, this is BEYOND DESCRIPTION! He is so excited to get to work and won't stop for anything! Good thing, because that makes two of us! There were two other Elders there last night and before it was announced who was going with who, I got to know all of them really well. The other two really like to play sports and go out and have fun. I can honestly say, even though that sounds a lot like me but I am so glad I was chosen to be with Elder Poon. He is such a caring guy and is always asking me if I need anything or if there is anything he can help me with. Yes, I've already noticed this in just this short amount of time I've been with him! He is THAT amazing! What a tremendous blessing he is to me and the people of Hong Kong. His parents aren't members and they DON'T support him being on a Mission...I can't believe it. That must be so hard. He has such a strong Testimony of this Gospel and it radiates whenever he opens his mouth. I can easily feel it, as well as everyone else around. His younger 15 year-old brother is the only other member in the family, as well as, his only sibling. He is so strong to be out here participating in the Lord's work, without the support of a loving family. It's something I admire in him so very much. A new companionship moved into the apartment I've been living in for the past five weeks since the old Elders moved back to the one I just came from (so now there's 6 Elders there again), and one of them is also a Hong Kong Native. It's pretty fun seeing them just chat it up while Elder Hawkins and I (the other caucasion Elder) just sit back and laugh and joke with them. This Gospel is true. I know it is without a shadow of a doubt. Support system or not, I would still be out here as well. But, boy does it sure help to have it. I thank the Lord constantly throughout the day for sending me Elder Poon and for sending me my family and for sending me my friends and Ward Members. I feel I can do anything with the army I have on my side, no matter the climb. I'm so grateful for my Savior. He truly is our Master, our King, and our intercessor with the Father. My love for Him has grown more than I ever thought a love for someone can. That's why I'm out here. That's why I'm serving a Mission for two years. That's why I'm not sacrificing my time, but rather, accepting this as one of the best growing experiences of my life as well as one of the best opportunities of a lifetime. It's because I love Him and I want to keep the Commandments of the Father and follow the councel of a Living Prophet who guides and directs the Church. It's that simple. Well, come next week I'll definitely have some interesting things to add in the E-Mail I'm sure. Just waiting for them to happen now. I love you all. You all should know that by now. I'm so grateful for your support and care. I helps a TON! Well, time for work...Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Twice In One Week Again! (I Bet You're Happy, Mom! Haha!)