Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Sunday, March 6, 2011

On my way to pick up my new companion

Hey Everyone!
How are you guys doing?! From what it sounds like, pretty well! That's so good to hear. Honestly, hearing that everyone and everything back home is going smoothly makes me feel so much more at peace out here. It takes a fraction of the stress I have out here off, which is much needed. Haha! The Fireside and everything that went along with it sounded INCREDIBLE! I can't believe you guys were able to pull it off...well actually I can, but I'm just way happy for you and your dedicated selfless service to the youth in the Stake. You really have no idea how much it means to them. Maybe they won't appreciate it as much right now, but when they're older they sure will. I can already say how immensely appreciative I am for those who helped me along the way in my youth days. Especially Young Mens, Scouting, and TREK! All of those, plus tons of others, are truly what shapes people in becoming what the Lord wants them to become. I know this is true, and really does make a difference if those principles and teachings learned during that time are applied properly and righteously. There is just no explanation to how much one can grow from following the example of those excellent leaders, like you guys. I truly mean that. I'm sure I speak for everyone else at this time as well that grew up alongside with me in the Ward and Stake. I'm so excited to start doing stuff like that too! It sounds so much fun! How neat is it that you got to talk to my companion's Father! I was telling Elder Lee, when I gave you guys the information to call him, that my parents just like doing this with my companion's families. He couldn't believe it! He just knew his dad was going to appreciate it a ton and would love nothing more than to be able to talk with his sons' companions' family! It sure sounds like it turned out that way too. Elder Lee is BY FAR the funniest companions I've ever been with and is so generous! We do get along very well and I'm so blessed for that and for his kindness towards me. Sadly though, we will be parting today....He was called to serve in the Zone I just came from to an area that is closer to Mainland than any other area in Hong Kong (You can easily see it from where he lives). The reason for him getting called to serve there was because I'm actually going to be training a Hong Kong Native! How sweet is that?! I'm so excited and so humbled to be able to help an actually Native get acquainted with the Missionary lifestyle, while he corrects my Chinese left and right! Haha! I'm so excited for this! Seriously! I'll probably speak nothing but Chinese for however long I'm with him, so it's a good time to hopefully improve my language and understanding. I can also come to know the Culture a billion times better and not get made fun of as much...well, hopefully. I'm picking him up at the Mission office tonight at 5, but I'm excited to get to work with him and get lost in the Lord's service together. There are two other Elders (Zone Leaders) that start training native Missionaries as well today. It's in the middle of the move because Hong Kong people that serve in Hong Kong go to the Philippines MTC and are only there for two weeks, so they end up coming in the middle of the transfer, where as all the rest from the Provo MTC come in three weeks. I will truly miss Elder Lee something fierce (haha that reminds of mom!). He is such an example to me in Missionary Work and as a child of our Heavenly Father, who holds His Holy Priesthood. I love him and I'm so proud to have served with him. I hope someday we can serve around each other again. He is and always will hold a special place in my heart. A-Hong's Baptism went so very well! It was so smooth and had no interruptions or problems whatsoever. I have never seen more people at a single Baptismal Service in my life! Even in America! It was right after Church, so maybe that's why, but still! There had to have been 50+ people there! He had so much support and love from the Ward, it was amazing! His fiance is probably in her late 20's. They are planning to get married in the Temple now! YEAH! ETERNAL MARRIAGE! ETERNAL FAMILIES! Well, my time is just about up but thank you for taking the time you do each week to write to me. It means a lot. It really really does. Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS STEPH! I knew you could do it! Keep up the good work sis! I love you all and am so eternally grateful for your support and your prayers in my behalf. Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Pick up my Native "brand new straight from the MTC" companion today. He doesn't speak English. That's OK, "I sometimes can't speak English good myself"! What a great opportunity.