Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's all about Goal Setting

Hey Everyone!
Boy, from what it sounds like this past week was sure one to be remembered! That is so amazing to hear about the groundbreaking ceremony for the new Chapel! Oh man, I'm so excited to hear more about it and see it in person! What a blessing it is to have a place to worship our Beloved Father in Heaven, and Christ, our Savior. We, as Latter-day Saints, are truly blessed beyond description. That is why I'm here. It is to let others partake of these same blessings Heavenly Father is just so anxiously awaiting to give them. How awesome is that! We get a brand new chapel built from the ground up in less than a year?! Thats crazy! And to think things like this happen all around the world, and just like Malachi said, our Father in Heaven turns right around and pours out blessings with no room enough to receive them. As a Missionary, I've been able to recognize more blessings in my life than I ever have before. This truly is the most humbling experience of my life, and I wouldn't ever want to change it for anything. That's funny you found a talk I gave when I was 14! I guess it's nothing unexpected though. You keep EVERYTHING, Mom! Haha! I often review those same goals in my mind still to this day. That's another HUGE thing I've learned as a Missionary, "How to set goals and make plans". If there's anything President Chan stresses more, it's THAT "Goal Setting"! Every single time he speaks to us, no matter the topic, he always makes sure he fits that in somewhere, somehow. I can see why though. If we don't have a goal, how do we progress? How do we grow? How do we accomplish what Heavenly Father KNOWS if we don't push ourselves to make the effort? I make sure to mention something to that effect each time I invite someone to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be Baptized by someone holding the Priesthood Authority of God. If there is no Baptismal Date, there is no goal. No better way to grow closer to the Savior and truly come unto Him, than by obeying that ever-so crucial commandment. That's so cool Calvin sent you guys a letter! I hope he's doing well. Calvin is doing exactly what he needs to be doing right now in his life. It will be great to share stories when he gets home. The name of the blonde Elder with me and Elder Oliver is Elder Bodily when I was moved to Ma On Shan . It sounds like that package is pretty intense! I'll definitely be anxiously waiting for it! I know Elder Poon will be as well! You guys are the best! I love ya! Elder Poon and I did end up staying together this move and hope to stay with him for a long time because I'm learning so much every single day! My head is killing me at the end of each day, but it's because Heavenly Father knows my own potential better than I know myself. Don't be sorry your emails are so long! I like reading long E-Mails, because I enjoy hearing all about what's going on the home front! Keep it up! Oh man, my week was full of miracles and blessings Again! I am so happy and so blessed to worthily hold the Priesthood of God. This past week it seems like Elder Poon and I have had to exercise it more than I ever have in a single week before. It builds my faith more and more every time I use it. There is true power in it. TRULY. I can't describe it, no one can. It's just something you have to experience whether it be the recipient or the one performing the ordinace or blessing. I love this Gospel. I love the Restored Priesthood we have once again on the Earth. This is the truth. I am so grateful for all of you and your examples to me. You are all doing such a great job and I know Heavenly Father is pleased with all of you. I may not be able to see or talk to you but I know, through earnest prayer, that he is watching over you. He is ALWAYS watching over you. I'm sending a small envelope home that just has a few things in it. What's most important though is it's has a 6 Gigs of memory of pictures/video. They are completely FULL! So, ENJOY! If you have any questions about any of it, let me know. You should probably get it next week. I'm sending it off right after I finish this email. I love you guys. Keep strong! I know you can all overcome anything placed in front of you. Trust in God, do your best and leave the rest up to Him. Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

It's all about Goal Setting!!!!!