Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Monday, March 21, 2011

Another Fast Week. It won't slow down!

Hey Everyone!
I know I've said this in a lot of my past e-mails, but REALLY, where did this past go?! I mean, honestly. I was JUST typing your guys' last E-Mail! Anyways, it sounds like you guys sure had one busy of a week! That's what I like to hear! Keep it up! Dad's Birthday sounds like it went over nicely. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! I LOVE YA! Just so you know, I won't EVER miss another one! I PROMISE! That dance you guys helped with also sounds, well I guess pretty stressful! I'm glad you guys accomplished what you needed to, going above and beyond the call of duty as always! I remember going to those dances like it was just yesterday. I will always cherish those times I had with the youth in the Ward and Stake. They only happen once and boy were they memorable! Days as a youth really does pattern out the beginning of your life into adulthood. I've realized that being on a Mission more than I think I ever would or could have. That's why I'm so grateful for the Leaders that either taught me, were on Scout trips, or just helped me along the way. I hope they realize the impact they had on me, as well as all the other youth I grew up with. They are blessed people. It makes such a difference with the kind of leaders you have. I've also noticed that being out here in the field. Some Elders just talk about Scouting and Youth Activities as if they were all burdens and hated doing them. I can't think of better moments of my life, besides now of course, than those days. Even something as simple as dances can really make the difference. That's why I'm so grateful for you guys and your contribution to making the dances enjoyable, as well as all the other sweet activities you guys help put on. Oh man, that's so sweet the groundbreaking for the Chapel is on Saturday! I'll be thinking of it all week and pray that it will go well! That would be so awesome if they really could have it done by December! What a sweet Christmas Present that would be! A NEW CHAPEL! Do you know how they're gonna do the layout for it yet? Is it kinda gonna be the same as last time, or what? Well, I hope it goes well, and I hope a lot of people are able to attend! Members, or not, it's still a Church building. I laughed pretty hard when you said, Mom, that you put the Trainer call up on the board so quickly, right after receiving it. Haha! Oh man, I've wanted to see it so bad, but I'll just have to wait till I get home. I'm excited to see what it looks like. Don't send pics of it...I wanna wait. You asked if I had felt the Earthquake, and no I didn't. I didn't even know it had happened, until a few days later and I saw it on a big screen, turned to the news, when we were out finding. Apparently all the Missionaries in Japan are accounted for though. I just can't get over the fact that SO MANY people suffered from this terrible tragedy! How sad is that, really? It makes think and realize how lucky we are to have the Gospel in our lives, knowing WITHOUT A DOUBT, where we will go after this life and that nothing on Earth can even compare to such a marvelous place. That's just how much Heavenly Father loves us. Even though so many good people died, just imagine how much better of a place they are in right now. Some preaching the Gospel, some living in a state of peace, just awaiting the Second Coming of our Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ. My week has been SPECTACULAR! Elder Poon and I were able to teach 20 Lessons together for the first time as a Companionship! I can see things starting to really pick up here! We also had a former investigator who showed up at our Sports Night we have at our Chapel and say he's ready to be Baptized...Ok...We weren't really sure what to think so we scheduled a time with him the next day and discussed why he wanted to all of a sudden. He said he saw so many people around us that were so happy because of the Gospel. His Mom, who is kind of hit or miss at church has always wanted him to find out about the church for himself for quite a while. So something was triggered inside him and he found us. We gave him a date, but has smoking problem to overcome like pretty much everyone in Hong Kong. It shouldn't be a problem though. Satan's has power...but Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are more powerful. If he is able to understand that I know he can quit! This past week I also went on exchanges with a dear old former companion....can you guess? Oh, yes, it was Elder Merrill. Bringing back those MTC days all over again! We just had some District exchanges and I went with him. It was so good to be back together with him, even just for a day. He is such an amazing example to me and I will always be forever grateful for my very first companion on my Mission! Well, that's about all I got for this one. This next week should be pretty good. "Real Moves" are happening, but I don't think for me or Elder Poon. I am somewhat sure we will not go anywhere, so no worries there. I'm excited though to see if we'll get anyone new in the Zone or District. I love this Gospel with all my heart and soul. Nothing can change the way I feel about it. It is my life, and I will forever dedicate myself to the cause of spreading the Gospel. I love you all. I'm grateful beyond description. I hope you all have a great week! Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

We had a former investigator show up at our Sports Night we have at our Chapel and say "He's ready to be Baptized". I know the spirit works on people even when we aren't.