Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cold in Hong Kong!

Hey Everyone!
That snow sounds ridiculous! I'm glad I'm not in that. I do kind of miss it though at times...oh well, I got a long while before I'll be seeing it again that's for sure. So yes, like I mentioned, it is very very cold here. It may not be that cold in degrees, but with the humidity just being stupid and the wind chill being even more of a bother, it can get pretty cold. So, I felt like I needed to buy a coat. I thought I could last through the winter here without getting one, or having you guys send me mine, but I couldn't take it anymore. It was over half off because of a year end sale they were still having, so I got it for a way good price. Thank you mom and dad so much. I love you guys to death! I promise I'll continue to watch what I spend. I didn't want you guys to have to bother sending me a jacket because I honestly wasn't sure if I could wait any longer. Yeah, it was that cold...sorry. But I promise it's a very very warm coat, and I've had lots of compliments on it from other missionaries, members and random people we stop on the street. I'll definitely wear it when I get back to, so no worries. You guys will definitely need to bundle up when you come get me...at least I think so. Maybe it's really not that cold here, and I'm just being a baby, I don't. We'll see. Oh man, you have no idea how awesome that is to me that you guys got to talk to Nick for a while! Man, that is so cool! Seriously! He sounds like he's doing so well and loving life! I really hope he is and continues to work hard. He is so funny! I can just picture his face when he saw the shirt! Ha! Oh man, that is so him! The Christmas Tree Pick-Up sounds like it was pretty intense this year! Quite different from previous years but still a success, so that's good! Ahh...I miss those days. So much fun! I constantly tell people about our Ward and the Scouting Program back home, and they're completely blown away at what we've done! Even some of the most intense Eagle Scouts here in the Mission can't believe that some of the trips we went on for Scouting was actually for BOY SCOUTS! RAINIER FOR EXAMPLE! YEAH YEAH! As well as all those other 50 milers and raft trips, bike trips, and Scout camps! Too much fun. I'm definitely going to have to be involved with scouting sometime down the road again! Chinese New Year is February 2nd-4th. We're way stoked! It should be a completely different thing here in CHINA! I guess the reason my hair has been so short is because, well, it's easy to take care of that way. Ha! It's that simple. Kinda like Andrew on his mission. Haha! And then right when he gets back, it's FRO TIME! Ha! I don't plan on growing a fro, but I might have a little longer than I do right now. It's just so easy to take care of and just to not worry about. As for the scrapbook question...My area I was "born into" was called Chai Wan, but we lived in Wan Chai, right next to the huge Wan Chai Chapel. Wan Chai and Chai Wan are pretty far from each other, which made it hard sometimes to get investigators to Church. But luckily, here in Ma On Shan, the chapel is in our area, and probably one of the best, if not THE BEST one for pullbacks. Today, we got up early again, like we did a few months ago and hiked Lions Rock again. Pretty much everyone who went this time hadn't been, except me and one other Elder in our Zone, so we decided to go. Oh boy, was it cold! Whew! I didn't really take pictures because it was pretty foggy and you couldn't really see much, unlike last time. We weren't even man enough (or is it "Elder enough") to stay for the sunrise! Haha! How sad :-) We got up at 3 and started hiking at 4:30 but came down after staying up at the summit for 20 min. It's a pretty good hike, so I'm pretty beat but still feel good I did it. It's a sweet reminder of Rainier! Yeh Right! As for Elder Harding and I, this past week has been pretty good. He's so funny! We are SO OPPOSITE! I love it! I'm learning so much from him! We've been teaching and finding a lot. Just hoping the people contacted can turn into Baptisms. We have some ok people now, but praying and having faith they will humble themselves to truly come unto Christ and feel of this everlasting happiness that we have in our lives. What a joy and blessing and comfort it is to know our Savior, Jesus Christ and the importance of His Atoning Sacrifice. I pray for you all each and every day. I pray for your health, success, joy, happiness, and safety. Continue to press forward and know that He is always here...just like that way sweet picture you sent me says. I love you all so very much and hope you have a FANTASTIC week! Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey
璸く城ρ

2 comments:

The Careys said...

I thought I knew cold until you add this Hong Kong Humidity to cold. Now that's COLD....

Jenny Hwang said...

Hey Chris!
I know how cold Hong Kong can get because Korea is the same way! It snowed like crazy in Korea this year too. And its always in the negative degree.
But its not cold at all in Washington. I miss you a lot! When are you coming back to Washington =).I want to see your pretty face =)


Miss you and hope you're safe <3