Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Saturday, December 11, 2010

It Feels Awesome To Accomplish Goals

Hey Everyone!

How has the gang been this past week? Once again, I can't even believe it's been an entire week since I last E-Mailed you guys! These days are flying by now! That's so sweet to hear that you guys have got the inside of the house all decorated! I loved getting home from school, or just walking in the door and seeing all the way sweet decorations! It really takes me back. We've done that quite a bit in our apartment as well! Haha! I think we're the only ones in our entire complex that have decorated! Ha! We even have a small mini tree! YEAH! Don't worry though, when I'm home, I'll be sure to help out puttin stuff up outside for sure this time! No complaining! We can even get the Elders to come over and help us again! You remember that, Dad? Speaking of packages, I just sent a pretty sweet one last Friday (Thursday for you) that has a bunch of traditional Chinese stuff in it. You'll see when you get it. I'm taking you guys to this place when you come too, so no worries. It also has 2 full SD cards, along with a few other things.That is so crazy about the Church! It seems like they're making progress on it, but still not fast enough. Oh well, I just hope they can get it back up as soon as possible. I REALLY hope it's up by the time a bunch of the Missionaries from the Ward start getting back. That would be prime! That is so funny that you mention that you mention all those things about "The Amazing Race" being in Hong Kong! I would ride the Ding Ding ALL THE TIME when I was in Chai Wan! It costs only 2 bucks (Hong Kong) to go ANYWHERE on the Island! But, it's only on the island that the Ding Ding operates, so some Missionaries don't get to ever experience it. I'm so glad I did though. Trust me, you guys will see just how fun they are! I've only heard of the other places, but they can't be THAT far cuz it's still in Hong Kong, which isn't too big. As for my Christmas call, I can talk for about an hour or so. Somewhere in that time range. I honestly don't care when I call. Everyone in my apartment, I'm sure, is going to be calling at different times and on different days, it's just whatever fits best with people at home. So, YOU GUYS, just let me know and I'll buy a phone card and call you on whatever day you'd like. I thank you for putting my name in the Temple consistently, Mom. It means so much and I can definitely feel your prayers there and at home, even from clear on the other side of the World! I love you so much! So this past week, Elder Oliver and I had a goal to reach 20 Lessons in one week, which is pretty hard for the China, Hong Kong Mission, so it's said. So, we thought we'd try it out. I don't think I've ever worked harder to achieve a goal in my life than I did for that. A lot of earnest prayers, and a lot of faith was put into it, but WE DID IT! We ended up teaching 20 lessons exactly, and our District Leader and Zone Leaders couldn't believe it! We were so happy with our work and effort, and are pushing this week to get 21! It can be done, and it WILL be done! That's one of the greatest feelings as a Missionary...accomplishing goals is so huge and makes such a big impact on you as a Servant of the Lord, and a person in general. The Lord has truly blessed Elder Oliver and I beyond belief and description, and I won't EVER forget these feelings and the amount of love I feel from Him as my Savior and Redeemer. So, today the whole Tolo Harbour Zone booked a full size turf soccer field to play against the Hong Kong Island Zone. Our Zone is so ready for it and we're gonna dominate for sure! Ha! We'll see though. I'm pretty excited to play against the Zone I just barely came from. Oh, and I forgot to tell you guys, Elder Reeser and I were both "born" in the same area in the Mission! We are both Chai Wan babies! (OR MY FIRST AREA) We have some good laughs about it every now and then, even with Elder Feigleson there, it get's pretty fun! Well, I wish you all my best and I support and pray for you in all that you do! Keep up the good work, both in your calling and at the office, Dad. Remember to keep a spot open for me when I get back! I love you, Dad! Mom, keep holding down the fort, and going to town on your HUGE calling! You are being blessed so much from it, I just know it! Just know that I love you very much. Stephanie, from what I understand in Moms letter you had not been feeling well. Just know I'm praying for you extra hard this week and I will be thinking of you and exercising faith that you will be healed and back to normal. I am glad that you asked Dad for a blessing and that the missionaries helped before Dad went out with them for the night. Know that Jesus Christ KNOWS YOU and he KNOWS what you're going through. He has felt the worst of the worst and died so that YOU may live again with Him! Always remember that Stephanie. I love you Sis. Well everyone, I love you all and I am so grateful each and every week for your prayers and support. Until next week, Do what you do!

Love Always-
Elder Carey
計長老

1 comment:

The Careys said...

It's AWESOME To Accomplish Goals!