Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas in the Air

Hey Everyone!
I'm not really sure how these weeks are going by so fast now, but it's weird...it's kind of starting to freak me out a little. Well, how has everyone been? Can you guys believe it's already time to start getting ready for Christmas?! What an amazing time of the year to spend as a Missionary! Everyone here is making the Missionaries feel welcome and helping us know we have a family here in Hong Kong, as well, to spend the Holidays with. What a blessing everyone is here. I just don't even know where to begin or even how to start explaining it. It's just out of this world AMAZING! I got started kinda late typing, so this one's gonna be a little shorter than usual...sorry. Stephanie, you would mentioned what I would do that with my mashed potatoes and peas? (Mix them all together first thing). You better have eaten DOUBLE for me too! Ha! I'm sure it was DELICIOUS as usual and eveyone had a way fun time! I too could feel your guys' spirit here as I was eating with the Mission. The Musical "Lost Carols" you guys went to sounds pretty sweet! I can just picture you guys linking arms and not being able to sing because of the emotional impact it had. It's kinda funny, but I can honestly tell you guys I've done the same thing a time or two lately...not the linking arms thing, but getting emotional. I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve a mission. I can't believe have my testimony has grown losing myself in the service of our Savior! As I look at the pictures you guys send and how much fun it looks like you're all having, really makes me grateful I was sent to such a PERFECT family that loves, cares and supports me. We played ball with the one kid I told you about in last weeks letter on Saturday. It went pretty well. We then met a few other kids at that same time. It was funny on our part but had an impact on them in a positive light even though Elder Oliver and I pretty much rolled over them. Just spending time with people, letting them feel of our spirit and what they are missing in their lives, bearing our testimonies to them, we know, will create a fire they cannot deny. They thought it was pretty cool that two white guys came to THEIR court and destroyed them. They have good potential and interest in the Gospel. Working with and baptising youth eventually creates families in the church. It is not just one youth, we know they will marry and then create families in the church. We'll continue to meet with some of them and continue to build our relationship. It one door at a time, one relationship at a time and time creates masses.
I'm not sure if we're planning on watching the First Presidency Devotional, but that would be sweet if you guys could burn a DVD and send it! Thanks! I so appreciate the packages that are sent my way, every month has a great surprise waiting for me and my companion. It helps because some of the Elder's don't ever receive anything and I am able to share where the need is greatest. Thank you so much! By the way, I'm not sure when I'll call home. It's kinda up to you guys. I can do it on Christamas Eve (for me), Christmas Day (for me), or the day after Christmas, which will be your guys' Christmas Day. It's up to you guys. Whatever works best for you all! I can do whatever! I am so excited to talk with you guys! Oh man, I have so much to tell you all! Give the Ward my best! Thank them for all the kindness they have shown to me in helping me prepare for my mission and the support they give me with letters of kindness, support and prayers while I am here. I truely did not understand how big of an impact a ward has on one person. Everytime I turn around I feel the love from the ward. Since I didn't have much time to write this time, share my love with all. I love you guys and I pray for you all CONSTANTLY! Keep up the good work!
I love you!
Love Always-

Elder Carey

3 comments:

The Careys said...

Christmas in the Air

olivia said...

Chris=) It is so great to hear about how you are doing. I think about you often and I miss you. Hope all is well and happy holidays=)

-Olivia (your bff) haha

Jenny Hwang said...

Chris!!
i miss you so much!
and im so glad to hear that you are doing awesome!
its amazing what you are doing and please be safe =)!
happy holidays!
miss you lots <3