Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's starting to get COLD at least for Hong Kong weather

Hey Everyone!

First things first...I just want to thank EVERYONE for sending me gifts, food, money, and other great things for my Birthday! I can't even describe to you all how much it really means to me! Hastings Family, thank you guys A TON for the way sweet pillowcase! Haha! It's so funny and all the Elders in my apartment LOVE IT! I'm scared to use it to sleep on because I don't want to ruin it, so I just put it above my desk and it helps me remember you guys each and every day I wake up to do studies. Also, thank you for the new shoes They are way sweet! You guys really didn't need to go that far in getting me stuff. You did not need to get me anything for my Birthday in the first place but I'm so grateful for all your support and love. I can definitely feel it clear across the world preaching the Gospel to our Father in Heaven's children, our brothers and sisters. All the food was AMAZING too! My WHOLE apartment can testify of that as well! Steve, Cathy, Adrienne, Andrew, and Jess...wow you guys are incredible, seriously! It's nearly impossible to put into words my appreciation for you all and how much you continue to support me! The pictures of COUSIN EDDIE were amazing! Ha! I'm for sure considering turing red, don't worry Aunt Cathy! Ha! I'll definitely need the Lord's help though, because there is indeed quite a bit of oppostition in my apartment. It's tough when nearly everyone in the entire Mission is against you and Blue...I'll stand strong though, no worries! Andrew and Jessica, it was so cool to receive a letter from you guys! Oh man, Andrew, there's no way you're married! I remember just the other day, along with Adrienne and Steph, we were kickin it in your backyard up in the treehouse, using the zipline, and singing GLORIA in your basement! Oh man, good times! Well thanks guys and I wish Jess and Andrew the absolute best! Thank you so much guys for all the goodies and treats! Once again, my apartment can also DEFINITELY say the same! They feel like it was their Birthdays as well! Ha! Grandma Carey, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Your contribution, through your love and support to me serving a Mission is far more than enough! I love you and am so very blessed to have you in my life! Stay healthy Grandma and I would also like to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I know it's probably a lot better in person, but this will have to do for now. I love you Grandma Carey! Grandma and Grandpa Grover, you both are such a big influence on me and my desire to serve the Lord. Just receiving a handwritten letter from you Grandpa meant the WORLD to me! It's hanging directly above my desk, and I read it nearly every morning! I love you both so incredibly much and I am always forever grateful for your wonderful courtesy to my friends while I was at BYU Idaho and while I'm out here. It means a lot to me, it really does. I love you both so very much! Continue to stay healthy, and I'll look forward to seeing you BOTH when I return home. Steph and Bobby, you guys honestly did not need to go to the trouble of getting me anything...for real. I haven't received it yet, but just the fact that you guys sent me something is far more than I need or deserve. I love you guys and wish you the best ALWAYS! Stay strong with each other, and follow the promptings of the Spirit. I promise you both, so long as you do that EXACTLY, you will NOT be lead astray. Heavenly Father does love you guys, and wants you both to have the happiest lives possible. I know this for a fact. I asked him before I left and every night while I'm out here. It's ALWAYS the same! Just remember that. He cares about you more than you could EVER possibly imagine! You, Steph, and you, Bobby, mean so very much to me...I love you guys and want the best for you both! Mom and Dad...I don't even know where to start with you guys. All I can say is how lucky and blessed I truly am to have parents in the Gospel. I have been reading some books during my personl study lately on Church History, talking about Thomas Grover (MOM!) and Martin Harris (DAD!) It's amazing how blessed our family really is with such a great history in the Church. I thank our Father in Heaven for you both MULTIPLE times each and every day! You really have NO IDEA nor will you ever, the impact you've both made on me to come out here. I'm not gonna lie, there were times at home that I couldn't stand stand you both (haha..), but each and every single time that happened, I ALWAYS said a prayer in my heart that things would work out. The Lord has DEFINITELY answered my prayers a hundredfold! (Ha! Dad, I thought you might like that word...I'm pretty sure I spelled it wrong or something...it just doesn't look right. Oh well.) Thank you for all the amazing packages and gifts! The food is INCREDIBLE! AHH! AMERICAN FOOD! YES! Ha! The cards were very thoughtful and I enjoyed them very much, and the tie was gorgeous! I got more comments on that tie yesterday, than I've ever gotten on a tie. Every single Missionary I saw was floored at how nice it was! I love it! I also had an interview with President Chan yesterday and he also loved it! Ha! So there ya go, straight from the Mission President himself. He also sends his regards about the chapel and our Ward back home. He said you are all in his prayers as well. Anyways thank you both so VERY VERY MUCH! I LOVE YOU GUYS! Well, I think that's enough thanking for one E-Mail, wouldn't ya say?! OK,(breath) Well there's never enough, but still, you know what I mean. This past week has been INSANE! In a good way. Steven had his Baptismal Interview last Saturday, and Elder Oliver will be Baptizing him. He is so excited and I'm so humbled to give him this chance of a lifetime. Steven actually asked me if I would confirm him, if I wasn't going to Baptize him...WHAT?! I've never even done that in ENGLISH before! How can I do it in Cantonese?! It's all good though. Through the Lord's help, ANYTHING is possible. So, that was another incredibly humbling experience. It was announced in Church last Sunday and all the Ward is SO EXCITED! They haven't seen a Baptism here for over 8 months! Crazy! What a test of faith it has been. His Baptism is this Saturday, and then will be given the Gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday. I'm so nervous but so very excited! It'll be one to remember FOREVER! I talked to my Zone Leaders, Elder Loong and Elder Feigleson about it and they'd actually never really heard of Missionaries confirming before, but said it was fine. What an experience this will truly be! We also have another Baptism lined up for November 13th. It's a 16 year-old kid named A-Sing. His girlfriend introduced him to the Church and has helped fellowship for some of the lessons. So, he'll be ready to go for then. We're also finding a lot more new investigators, and helping prepare them to enter the waters of Baptism and Confirmation as well. This will be good! Elder Oliver and I are so blessed to be in such a fruitful area where the Lord is preparing people left and right. How humbling it is each day we go out finding to talk with them about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. So, yes, like I mentioned in my heading, it getting a little chilly...if you can believe it. I might be getting a sweater or two while I'm here to handle this bone chilling cold. It's so cold because it's so humid! It goes right through your clothes like nothing! Elder Oliver and I will be dressing up for Halloween on Saturday because our Ward's Young Men and Women are putting together an activity. I'm buyin some cheap stuff though, so don't worry. Oh, and I forgot to say, my apartment surprised me with a cake last night right before bed and right after I got out of the shower! Haha! It was hilarous! I was just in my towel and they started singing WAY LOUD! It was so funny! There's pictures, don't worry. Anyways, thank you all SO MUCH! SERIOUSLY! I love you and until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Thank You to everyone who has remembered my birthday and all the things you do to support me here.