Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Thursday, October 14, 2010

How Many Baptisms this move?

Hey Everyone!

Mom, I'm so glad you feel so relieved from your calling, and way excited for you to start this new journey that hopefully won't be as difficult or time consuming! Oh, and I can't wait to get the package you sent to me! I'll keep my eye out for it for sure! Speaking of packages, I got the HUGE ONE from the Carey Clan! Holy cow! I haven't even opened it and my apartment is already begging me for what's inside! I'll be sure to share...but not too much...Haha! Just kidding. I'm sure Andrew ALWAYS shared his packages, right?! Ha! This means so much to me, seriously. Thank you so much! I love you guys! That's so nice of Barbara to bring that package for me! She is so awesome and I'm so grateful for her! The Young Women's In Excellence Program sounds pretty intense too! I'm so glad you're already finding so much joy in your new Stake calling! What a blessing it is to be serving in the capacity you are right now, Mom. You're a Ward Missionary, Dad?! What?! That's way sweet! Ward Missionaries are our best friends in the Ward and there's honestly no way the work could get done as smoothly if it weren't for them, that's for sure! What a major responsibility and privilege! I'm so happy for you, Pops! You'll have to keep me updated on how it goes! Be sure the Missionaries don't take you for granted though. Help them out as much as you can, but know that they have just as much ability to teach as you do. What another great blessing it is to have you as a Ward Missionary, honestly! You're gonna kill it...in a good way of course! Wow, gee, thanks for making me want some of that famous homemade COCONUT ice cream that I can't get here... You'll have to whip up another batch when I get back. I've actually been craving some of that homemade ice cream pretty bad lately. Weird. Well, that's no real surprise about Peyton. I show the Elders I live with pictures of him all the time, because they're all from Utah, except Elder Oliver and just brag about how pro he is NONSTOP! It's pretty ridiculous how good he actually is. I know he works hard at it everyday. I'm so stoked to see him play when I get back! There's no doubt I'm going to some of his tournaments! I'm so happy and proud of him. Just tell him not to forget the important stuff like Duty To God! He's such an awesome cousin and definitely one whom I'm extatic about to call family. What a boss he is! Ok...TIM TAMS are chocolate biscuit cookies, you bite of each end of one just a little, put one part in hot chocolate, the other in your mouth, and use it like a straw to suck the hot chocolate through. You don't really get too much hot chocolate, but it melts the TIM TAMS cuz they're frozen when you start, and then they just melt even more in your mouth. Oh trust me, I've had that planned to do when you guys come, ever since I got here. It is CHOCOLATE HEAVEN! Especially if President and Sister Chan do it, you know it's gonna be good! You're right though, she is way cool. She brings out the loudness, and funniness in them both. They're such an INCREDIBLE Mission President and Wife! BY FAR THE BEST EVER! I LOVED General Conference! I most enjoyed the Priesthood Session above all! I'm sure Dad, Steve, Andrew, Brett and Peyton and everyone else can relate! It was AMAZING! I just barely picked up my new suit and think I might have found my Christmas present. The suit fits great and I love it. But I NEEDED a new razor incredibly bad because the one I had...well the part that covers the blades had a couple pieces chip off and it was cutting my face pretty badly. I think I might have a few scars from it actually cuz I had to go a whole week with it until I could get a new one. This one I just got was like 800 Hong Kong dollars and I needed to take like 500 Hong Kong dollars so it's not THAT much, but it's something I needed tremendously bad. Boy, look at Stephanie being a Missionary too! You go Steph! Ha! I'm glad Delshad and Goldie liked it! It sounds like it was a blast! Keep up the good work Sis! I love ya! I don't really have anything specific you can but have them keep their Missions in Life in mind ALWAYS! NO MATTER WHAT! Then, they'll never stray from the path! Oh, and go to Church and Seminary and truly LISTEN! Anyways, my time is almost up. Here is the update on Steven: He is INCREDIBLY GOLDEN! Along with two of our other way good Investigators. Their names are Ashley and A-Sing! They all have dates within this move and they'll DEFINITELY make them! I'm so excited for all of them! They all came to Conference and loved it! I guess all I needed was some patience and a little test of faith before I could start seeing some success and immense blessings from the Lord! I don't have that much time to discuss each of them, but just know that they're all GOLDEN, and that they all CAN'T WAIT to follow our Savior, Jesus Christ! Talk about every Missionaries' dream! I love you all and I'm so grateful...I am so grateful. You really have no idea. I love this...ALL OF IT! Thank you for all you do! Until next week...Do what you do!

Love Always-
Elder Carey

2 comments:

The Careys said...

We have 3 baptisms coming up in the next 2 weeks..

John Pierce said...

this is totally awesome! i am so glad to see that he is loving it out there! i went to BYUI right before he left with him and was in the MTC the same time as him and stayed in the SAME building! unfortunately i came back a few months ago from honduras due to nerve damaging in my arm.. its been a long process! give elder carey my love! imma try and send him a letter soon ;)