Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Youngest Missionaries "time in the mission field" Tearing it up

I can't believe you guys already got my package! Holy cow that got there way faster than I thought! I just barely sent it! That's way cool though. I'm glad you guys enjoy everything in it though! I have the same tie and tie tack here that I wear pretty often, and don't worry mom, the scarf says the same thing as the tie so you're not left out. That's totally fine if you send me cheaper shoes! I'd love that! Cuz really when it comes down to it, I do a lot more walking here than I thought, so they will wear out a lot earlier. My slip ons you sent are already starting to go downhill a bit, but that's ok. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Oh, and maybe some more black socks too! I really truly do appreciate it! As for the pictures...the one with President Uchtdorf was taken at Wan Chai in one of the many chapels the Church has in that building, where he spoke (which was where I still lived at that point), and the one with Elder Oaks was also taken at Wan Chai in the gym. That's so cool you're working on my scrapbook mom! I just know I'm gonna LOVE IT! Oh, and the fact that you guys got to talk to Elder Oliver's mom was way sweet! He loved reading that part in the E-Mail you guys sent! It almost made him tear up! Our companionship is doing incredible! We're lighting everything on fire in this area, and are prouder than ever (in a humbling way of course) to be the youngest companionship in the Mission. It's pretty cool that I'm able to be step-training him, and showing HIM around Hong Kong! Haha! Also, that's pretty neat to hear about the Jacobsens and what they've been up to! I love that family so much! So many memories and so many good times! I'm excited to return home and see them, along with everyone else and how different everyone looks! I couldn't believe how different you guys look, mom and dad! You may not think so, but I can see a pretty big change! Don't worry it's not bad! Ha! That's awesome you guys had the opportunity to go to the Ogle's as well and talk with Annie! It's true, she would make a wonderful Missionary and a great servant of the Lord. As you see in the pictures, I've eaten things here in Hong Kong that are still alive as you're chewing them. It's all part of embracing the culture and becoming one of them. I'm still doing that and loving every minute of it! NO REGRETS! That blows me away about Peyton! Are you kidding me?! I only see those numbers on TV, not from my nearly 16 year-old cousin! INSANE! I look at the pictures the Hastings sent me ALL THE TIME! I LOVE THEM, and so do all my roomates! Trust me, I brag about all of you PLENTY! Don't worry, I'll get Hastings Hacienda back in business when I get back for sure! As for me this week, things have gone very well and very fast! It takes about 20 min or so to get from our apartment to my area, and the library is directly across from the Church in my area, so that's way convenient. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday mom! I truly am sorry I wasn't able to be there, but I know I was there in spirit and I promise I'll be there when you turn 51! Lately, we've gone on a few decently good basketball finds. Elder Oliver and I are starting to get in sync when we pound on punk Chinese kids, but then love them afterwards and share a message with them about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! Haha! Just Kidding! As for P-Day today, we're going to the Temple in a bit to help in the greatest service ever! Afterwards, we might go bowling. Oh, and just so you know, I bought a few things that I've needed like a pair of new basketball shorts and a new basketball shirt, cuz the ones I've been using have gotten pretty worn, even right after the MTC just cuz I wore them every single day. I also had to buy some new pants from a decently cheap, but decent quality store cuz I'm getting a little rounder around the waist...but not TOO MUCH! DON'T WORRY! And the pants that I have right now are starting to get a lot more holes in them in random spots, and it would just be better to get new ones now than have to wait. So that's what I've used my card on, if you were wondering at all. Well it's just about time for me to go, but before I do, I just wanted to express my love and care for you all, and your support for me being out here. I love you all so very very much and pray for you ALL THE TIME! Until next week...Do what you do!

Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Youngest Missionaries "time in the mission field" Tearing it up