Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Staying for another transfer... It am so glad!

Hey Everyone!

How are you guys doing?! I can't BELIEVE another week has already passed! So, I found out I'm staying here for at least another move! This next move is kinda special because it's 7 weeks long instead of 6. The reason is because this Mission is the only one in the Asia area that's off when transfers come around. So, they're extending this next move an extra week so we can be caught up with everyone else. Elder Oliver and I are staying together as well...the only companionship in our 6 man apartment that stayed together. Someone from my younger MTC group is coming in to be companions with the District Leader, Elder Froerer. Also, Elder Loong is getting a new companion to be Zone Leaders together...ELDER FEIGLESON! Ha! I thought that was pretty funny. Elder Feigleson is gonna be an excellent Zone Leader, along with Elder Loong! It just seems like my apartment I was in before is just following me around now! We'll have some good times the next move and possibly some following as well. Mom, that is AMAZING that you were called to be 2nd Counselor in the Stake Young Womens Presidency! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! That is true evidence right there that the Lord is blessing us cuz we're both going forth in the greatest work to ever come about! I love you so much momma! That is an incredible responsibility, but yet at the same time, I think you really will have some weight lifted off your shoulders. Oh man, that is so EXCITING! That will be so neat if you also get to go on TREK as well! Oh man, I remember those days so vividly! We actually get to watch General Conference, not this weekend, but next weekend because they need time to translate the talks and make sure everything was said correctly. So, everyone in Hong Kong just has normal Church this week, but next week we'll get to watch it, and boy am I ready for it! I'm so excited to watch it! I honestly thought I would never be this excited to watch CONFERENCE! I remember Stephanie and I just passing out as soon as it started...and Dad too. Haha! You know it's true Dad! You were not resting your eyes, so don't even try to deny it! That activity you guys are having sounds like a blast! Man, it's gonna be so cool to come back and be able to speak with Brother and Sister Thong, as well as Brother and Sister Jahng, and everyone else in the Ward that speaks Cantonese! What a blessing it is to have so many people in the Ward that know it, and can help correct me! I love it! I'll be sure to save you some moon cakes by the way when you guys come, so no need to worry! Dad will even eat some as well!...and love it! I'm sure your Chinese accent is making progress though Mom. Mine still needs tremendous work, so don't worry. It's extremely hard to get to native status. I just barely picked up the packages from the Mission Office. I opened the one from you guys, and I love everything that's in it!...and so does the apartment! I haven't opened Susan's package yet cuz my apartment's telling me to wait for my actual Birthday to open it, so I guess I will. I'm so grateful for you guys though, and the time and money you put in to sending me things here! You really truly have no idea how much it lifts me and makes me want to work EVEN HARDER! Thank you so much Susan and Hastings Family for all you guys do, all your prayers, and all your loving, kind support. It DEFINITELY doesn't go unnoticed! I would LOVE IT if you were able to send some salsa! Oh man, just the thought of be able to partake in such a scrumptious feast is making me drool! Ha! That sounds so good right now, you don't even know! I got my suit last week. It cost 550 Hong Kong, so probably about 70 bucks American. Not bad for a personlized, tailored suit. It will be ready next week, so I'm pretty excited for it. Of course that can be your guys' birthday present to me! I don't need anything for my birthday in the first place, besides that new suit. It's a Mission rule to wear a suit from fall clear to spring, which is KILLER! It's even hot during those seasons and ESPECIALLY humid! This should be fun! Ha! Thank you guys! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I can't say it enough! I'm so grateful for all of you and for this opportunity to be serving our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. What an immensely great opportunity to learn, grow, and draw closer to our Father in Heaven. I love this work. I love it so much. I love you all and until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Staying for another transfer.. Our Conference isn't until next week. They have to translate it, then we get to watch it... It will be awesome.