Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Each week goes by faster than the week before

Hey Everyone!

You're RIGHT! Where HAS the time gone?! It feels like each week goes by faster and faster, and the work progressively gets better and better! I love it! Oh man, that's way sweet you guys were able to go to a Sounders game! I've become quite a soccer fan myself being out here. It's EVERYWHERE! If the people here aren't playing badminton, ping pong, and RARELY basketball, it's ALWAYS soccer! So, I've come to enjoy it quite a bit. The World Cup was pretty big here as well too! I'm excited to check out this new office of Dad's! Soon enough, Steph and I will be working side by side, and we'll be getting the whole family in the business! Ha! I always tell everyone out here what I want to do in my life as a career, and they TRULY cannot believe I already know what I want to do! Especially other Missionaries! But, surprisingly, members and investigators as well. I'm way excited for it because it will mean I might possibly get to come back here in the near future for business maybe! I'm not even close to being finished and I'm ALREADY missing Hong Kong...it's ok, just gotta keep living every single day to its absolute fullest! What an incredible thing you guys did with that food drive! That is truly unbelievable how much food was collected! I AM SHOCKED! What an incredible way to perform service for our Father in Heaven. My apartment and I also recognized September 11th and played some very patriotic music that night, as well as eating some very AMERICAN food that was sent by someone's family in the apartment! It was pretty cool and a great way to remember those who have died for our country, and continue to fight for it! How blessed we are to live somewhere so safe and free, even though at times it may not seem like it. We just need to remember that the Lord loves all of His children and blesses them all in different ways. We just have to be able to recognize His hand in our lives. I haven't been able to wear my glasses much for that exact reason. It's too hot and they fog up whenever I go outside. So, I'll probably wear them a lot more towards the winter time and when it cools down. It's still WAY HOT AND HUMID! Oh, and then pouring rain on top of that is pretty fun sometimes. It's way fun though, I love it! I'm building memories here that could never happen anywhere else in the world, and how grateful I am each and every day to wake up and GO TO WORK! My week has gone pretty well. We've scheduled a LOT of people, but many of them stood us up and just didn't show, without call or further notice. That's pretty common...at least here. I'm sure it possibly is in all other places for Missionary Work as well. Elder Oliver and I are continuing to build our relationship with this incredible Ward and its members! They set up amazing activities, like one we had last Saturday...it was a giant cooking competition, and there were different ingredients set out while we were assigned to make a certain dish. So, Elder Oliver and I hooked up with one of our investigators who just so happens to be a chef (OH YEAH!) and we got first place out of our entire Ward! Haha! It was pretty fun! But, just random activities like that, and us bringing our investigators to them helps build our relationship with the Ward so much and we begin to build that trust as well, which is so very crucial, especially here in Hong Kong! I look back on some of the Missionaries that came through our Ward and am just in awe at how different they were from the way things are done here. I mean, the Ward is seriously our best friends, next to our investigators! We work through them so much and it is always so effective! They love helping out the Missionaries too, so it all works for everyone! But other than that, it was way good! This morning, for P-Day, we got up at 3am to go hike a mountain in Kowloon to see the sunrise as a Zone! IT WAS INCREDIBLE! I'm pretty tired, but it was so worth it! I got some AMAZING pictures! This card is already full so I'll be sending it home soon as well! This is how I'm going to remember this experience of a lifetime more than anything...through the pictures. There is so much behind each and every one, it's incredible! I thought that was pretty funny what you said about President Tanner. He is hilarious! I love him! I'm excited to get this announcement he made too, especially since I'm studying Characters right now! Well, I should probably go, but I just want you all to know I love and care about you all so very much! I think of you and pray for you daily. May you all continue to feel of the Savior's love throughout this week in one way or another. Thank you for time and love in writing to me and thinking of me! I'm sorry if I haven't written some of you back! This work is SOO BUSY! I love you all though, and just know I'm thinking of you! Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

We had a ward cooking activity where we brought a non-member. He was a chef.... Needless to say... We won the competition. It was a great bonding event between the Ward and non-member.