Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I love my new area

Hey Everyone!

Oh, how I remember that hotel that you guys were just at! Haha! I guess it's a Carey tradition every time we go down to Utah, huh? It's a must. It was kinda funny, I actually just saw a Hyatt for the first time in Hong Kong just like ten minutes ago! I'm a little bummed to hear about Grandpa, but still know that whatever happens, it will ALWAYS be for the best because IT IS the will of the Lord. I can only imagine how it went with you all spending time with him and being together as a family. I hope you all know that I was there in Spirit too! I always am. Just how I can feel each one of your guys' influence in my life each and every day I'm out here. It's almost like I never even left. How sweet that must have been to give each of you a Father's Blessing. What an incredible power the Priesthood actually has, and the influence it can have on people. I got to experience that a few times this past week by giving a few other blessings of comfort and to the sick and afflicted. I'm so glad you were all able to experience that together and I know it truly will be an experience remembered forever and ever. That is so neat you guys got to meet Becky Cook and go to lunch with her! How crazy is it that not even two weeks ago, I was seeing her and teaching her sister-in-law! How cool! She really is a neat lady and she said she'd try and find me when she comes back next summer too. We'll see! Oh, and as for the pictures...YES! I want TONS! Keep them coming PLEASE! The area I am in right now is not in Macau. It's almost as opposite as you can get from Macau on the map. It's just not on the Island anymore. Chai Wan was on the Hong Kong Island, but now I'm just on the main landlocked part of Hong Kong. The Zone I am in is called the Tolo Harbor Zone, Ma On Shan District/Area. Ma On Shan is kinda by Sha Tin, Tai Wai, Tai Po, and areas like that...it's pretty far north too, and one of the areas in our Zone borders Mainland! ...if you have trouble finding it on the map, you can just look for those places. I actually live in Sha Tin, with 6 other Elders. Two of which are the Zone Leaders! It's a blast! COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from my last area and apartment! I love it! It's GORGEOUS! There is green everywhere! I can't wait to show you guys when you come to get me! You'll love it! I haven't really received anything yet, but I'm going to the Mission Office today so I'll check. That's kinda a downer about getting mail...I only get stuff when I get to go to the Mission Office, which is very rare. So, if it seems like it takes a while for me to respond, or say that I've even gotten it, then that's why. I'll let you know when I do though for sure! I can't wait to see Andrew and Jessica when I get back too! Holy cow it sounds like everything is going so well with them! Oh, and what a gift to get them! I'm sure they freaked! I'm so incredibly happy for them! They are family I really truly look up to. I'm so glad I can call them part of my family. This past week has been super super busy! I've been trying to get to know the Ward members, investigators, recent converts, fellowshippers, all the Missionaries in the Zone, and my companions! SO MUCH! It's been going so well though! I also got to go up on Sunday, introduce myself, bear my Testimony, and tell every single person in that room that I know this Gospel and this Work is the Lord's, and that it's undoubtedly true. This Ward treats Missionaries so well and is willing to help out WHEREVER, WHENEVER! It's amazing! So, it is most likely that Elder Oliver and myself will be companions. He's only been here six weeks, so I think I might be going Senior Companion next week...SCARY! I know the Lord will help us find those ready and prepared though, regardless of our language skills or if we're scared. No worries! I'm pretty excited though! I think I'll be the only one from my MTC District going Senior Companion next move. What an incredibly humbling experience it will surely be. I am so blessed and grateful that the Lord has given me such an incredible responsiblity and amount of trust to carry out His work continuing to build His Kingdom! I love this work. I love this Gospel. I love my Father in Heaven and His son, and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love my family and friends that have supported me, prayed for me, and thought of me. You all have no idea the outcome of what it is you've done. You really don't. Heavenly Father has surely answered our prayers because I can feel of all your guys' love, and I can feel of His love. What an incredible blessing that is. I love you all so very much! Until next week...Do what you do!
Love Always-
計長老

1 comment:

The Careys said...

I Love my new area. It is so green....