Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Friday, July 30, 2010

愛計長老 You think it rains alot in Seattle? Ha!

Hey Everyone!
What an amazing opportunity it is each week for me to communicate with you guys! I'm so very blessed to be here, serving our Lord, Jesus Christ, fulfilling the greatest work on the Earth EVER to have come forth! What a tremendous blessing you all are and continue to be! I think of you ALL each and every day I'm out spreading the most joyful message that is offered! I guess the reason I'm feeling so full of gratitude right now is cuz we just returned from the Temple. What an amazing one it is at that! Definitely one of a kind! The Spirit that is felt there is unlike anywhere else on the Earth. It truly is The House Of The Lord. I can't really believe it's already been my 6 month mark either...it's kinda sad, but also pretty incredible when I look back and see all the progress that's been made with the language, the teaching, the spiritual growth, and just talking to random people...I guess that's how Dad started, huh mom? Just kiddin, Dad! Ya know I love ya! I haven't even noticed it either...I now know what they mean when they say "loose yourself in the work." I have definitely done that, but not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of ALL of you! How cool is that, that you got braces on Steph! Haha! I can only imagine! Ha! JK. I know it'll be worth it. The waiting is always the worst part. I'm excited to see how perfect they'll be when I return! I'm sure the DVD turned out terrific, just as usual! Maybe you should just do that for a living, Dad! That one was a joke too. You're good enough at it though! I have to say I'm pretty stoked for the t-shirt from youth conference! I'm glad you haven't forgotten about pictures. I'm so excited to get them! I just got a ton from Kelsey today and they're so cute! She is so wonderful, and an incredible support for me being out here! I hope she still reads these, but if not that's ok too. I love her new hair! You should pass that along for me, k guys? I already want more pictures from her and from you guys, even though I haven't even gotten yours yet! I want a TON! SERIOUSLY! I'm excited to get Susan's too! I know they'll be way sweet as well! I'm really glad Sally Jacobsen is doing better. When we went today, I put her name in the Temple, along with a few others. I'll continue to keep her, along with ALL my other friends and family, just like I do EVERY SINGLE DAY! I'm happy for Lans Drake too! I know he'll make a tremendous Missionary! I remember back when I was younger, I would always look up to him, and I'm so glad for his yearning desire to serve the Lord! You're gonna have a blast at Girls Camp, Mom! I just know you will! Maybe you can give more foot massages! Haha! I will continue to pray for ya, no worries! I told all the Elders in my apartment that I knew you were gonna freak out when you didn't receive a letter from me, but they refused to believe me. They're laughing so hard right now because I'm explaining what had actually happened! Haha! I can just see Dad stopping you from going to the phone and calling the Mission Office! Addaway Dad! We had another Black Rain call this last week, so it was required that we stay in for about 4 hours! It kinda stunk, but oh well. I swear, when it rains here, it's like another Noah and the Ark story!...and I thought Seattle was bad...Pshh! I can't believe you're driving my Tahoe! That's hilarious! Nothing changed my mind about them, cuz I've always loved them ever since I started driving mine! It was PERFECT for me! Big enough to haul stuff and friends around, but not Monster Truck big. I love the look of them too! I wasn't too fond of the color though, you're right. Black definitely would've been prime. I'm so glad to hear about all the fantastic things you guys have done this past week! What an amazing time it is to be on the Earth right now! THE FULNESS OF TIMES!
Well, my week was pretty amazing as well, in terms of Missionary Work, feeling the Spirit, and feeling of our Savior's love! Last Saturday, we met with a really less-active member, and his eleven year old son, who is not yet baptized. We stressed the importance of coming to Church, reading the Scriptures, and Praying night and day. We tried to keep it simple enough for his son to understand, and luckily that wasn't too hard for Elder Feigleson and I cuz that's the only way we know how to teach, with the amount of vocabulary and stuff we know! Haha! We also met with Brother Chan, his non-member wife, a ward Missionary, and Becky (his sister that's a member from Salt Lake) on Monday. They fed us, and I swear I had the BIGGEST, FRESHEST chicken feet I think I've ever eaten! They were HUGE! I'm not the biggest fan of them, but of course I'll eat them, I mean you know me, right? His sister from Salt Lake came back because their Father did end up passing away and we're actually going to his funeral tomorrow in Kowloon. I told her that you guys are going to take her out to dinner when you're down there, and she can't wait to meet you! Last Tuesday, I passed off Lesson 4 with Elder Loong (I call him DRAGON cuz his name in Chinese means dragon...it's cuz his dad is Chinese and is from Hong Kong.) So, now I'm moving onto Lesson 5 this week. This one is the hardest to teach cuz I don't know all the vocabulary and the way of teaching it is a lot different from the other lessons...and I've never taught it before. So...we'll see! Oh, we also had 24 hour exchanges that night, and so it ended up being me and an Elder from my younger group in the MTC named Elder Jolley. He's from Salt Lake and went to East High. He said he might know Andrew and Jessica cuz they looked really familiar. Elder Welling already knows them! Ha! I got their wedding announcement!!! Holy cow it's so awesome! I showed EVERYONE in my Zone! I always show other Missionaries pictures of them, along with all my other family and friends photos! That night was when we had black rain again! CRAZY! But, that day we had a lesson with someone that Elder Harper and I taught halfway through my first move. We met her in a park in Sai Wan Hoh (Thongs or Stevens should know where that is) and she didn't have much interest after that. But, Elder Feigleson and I decided to call her up again, so we scheduled her and Elder Jolley and I met with her, retaught her the Restoration and we invited her back to the Church with us right then and there once the lesson was over....she just got up and left....we thought she was just trying to get away from us, but SHE CAME BACK, brought us drinks, and said "Let's Go!" We went back on the MTR together, showed her the Restoration DVD, gave her a long-needed Book Of Mormon, and bore strong Testimonies! What a MIRACLE! That never happens in Chinese work! It happens pretty often in International work, but not Chinese! We were so surprised cuz for one, we had only been out such a short amount of time and were together teaching a REAL person the Gospel for nearly three hours! It's all about the FAITH! I love you all...more than ANY of you can imagine! I pray for you...more than you can imagine! And I hope you have an incredible week! Do what you do!
愛計長老
Love-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

愛計長老
What a great week....

"You think it rains alot in Seattle? At least you have no black rain there....."