Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Thursday, July 15, 2010

What an Amazing Week Full of Lessons

Hey Everyone!
As I look out at the Hong Kong skyline right now, I can't help but think how blessed and lucky I am to have the opportunity of serving such loving, generous people here, as well as back home! There are too many things to be grateful for that I can't even describe! AHH! That's WAY COOL you guys were able to go to Youth Conference! I'm so glad you got to experience being a Ma and Pa! It's completely different I'm sure than just serving on the side...and the fact that you WON IT ALL! That's what I'm talkin about! I'm glad you had enough energy to go, Dad. Just don't push yourself too hard, cuz that would REALLY not be good! I can't wait to see pictures from it!!! SEND MORE OF ANYTHING!!! I NEED TO SHOW OFF MY FAMILY MORE!!!...even if I'm not in them, I don't care! I'm pretty excited to get this shirt too! I'm sure it stood out from the rest just because we won, huh? Ha! I will definitely do that for Sally Jacobsen. Please give her my best and let her know I'm praying for her and thinking of her. She's one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met and I KNOW she can pull through this! That's so cool that Nathalie and George are reading these! I love hearing about people reading my E-Mails and checking out the blog! I can't wait to see them when I get back!...and maybe mow their lawns for them! Haha! That's so cool you were able to see Joyce Pascoe, mom! I think Nick's letter might be here today, but I haven't had time to go check to see if it's here. I love them SOO MUCH and I'm so extremely grateful for everything they've done for me and for our family! They'll FOREVER be dear friends, just as Nick will forever be my brother, right along with Teddy! I can't believe I'm on my 3rd move either! Elder Feigleson and I are still rockin it too! Yeah...so no need to send us gift certificates for Pizza Hut...we had it AGAIN at a members home, when we explained our Ward Mission Plan....along with like 15 other rice boxes of choi, meats, rice, noodles, and ANYTHING you can imagine! You have to tell me what it's like when you guys contact Becky Cook! It was such an amazing experience to have her there with us teaching our less-active's wife, who's not a member! What a blessing! I LOVED everything in the bag...as did my entire apartment! Elder Feigleson's getting mad at me, because I keep telling him he can have whatever he'd like, he doesn't like how he's gaining some weight from it...just trying to serve my companion though! Haha! The shirts fit great! I got my i-Touch and LOVE IT! The videos are INCREDIBLE! I watch them ALL THE TIME! It's always such a friendly reminder of how perfect of a family and support system I have! I love you all so incredibly much! You really have NO CLUE!
This past week, we've taught quite a few people, but also had quite a few people not show after we'd scheduled them. Friday we met with Olivia, and she's still needing to talk to her parents about her decision to get Baptized...I'll keep you updated with her, but it's not looking like it'll be anytime soon. Saturday was kinda a downer because we had 4 people scheduled at different times, but they ALL ended up not showing. So, we decided to treat ourselves that night and went on a Basketball find! Elder Feigleson and I are quite the pair and basically rock anyone that attempts to play us. In a Christlike way though of course. We met a ton of younger kids that showed up all together and they thought it was pretty cool that we spoke Cantonese, played basketball, and were white...Ha! So, we exchanged numbers with a bunch of them and we'll be following up very soon with them for sure! Church went very well the next day as well! I'm beginning to understand so much more and am particpating a whole lot more in Elder's Quorum, our Investigator/Recent Convert Sunday School Class, and Sacrament Meeting! The first few weeks it literally sounded like gibberish, and I could probably pick out a few words. Ha! The Gift of Tongues is SO REAL! Monday, we met with a girl named Joyce. She is a girlfriend of a member in a different Ward, and we've already taught her the first three lessons now! She reads the pamphlets the night we give them to her and knows the Bible like the back of her hand! She wants to be a Minister when she grows up, and actually works at her Church right now! She loves what the Gospel has to offer and would join in a heartbeat, but she doesn't think her parents would approve. She still hasn't even told them she's met with us yet, and it's been about 2 months! She's 17, but will be 18 in December, so we'll see...I also got to pass of Lesson 3 with my District Leader, and now have my Zone Leader Pass Off on Saturday. I'm teaching him Lesson 2. He's roleplaying that his father just died. I'll try my hardest! That night, we ate at the member's home I told you about earlier and shared the plan. Tuesday, we saw a long lost friend...SUSAN! We had dropped her when I was with Elder Harper because she wasn't progressing and didn't want to be a bother to people at Church, due to her stroke she recently had, but we decided to just see how she was doing. We met with her and just talked about how she's been, and she exclaimed that she missed seeing us, missed the influence the Missionaries brought with them, and missed when we would talk about the Gospel and read scriptures together.. she then just started crying. That made me let go of course, and by now it was just one big crying fest FULL of the Spirit. We invited her to come back to Church on Sunday, so we'll see if she does. Yesterday, we had a Distric Find, and I was with Elder Merrill and a "Summer Missionary" that was with Elder Loong and Elder Merrill for two weeks. He's WAY COOL, his name is Jacob Chow, 16 years-old, and loves Missionary Work! I gave him Dad's facebook, so he's gonna contact you, Dad! Give him the password for my blog, so he can see it too! Anyways, during the find, since it was in mine and Elder Feigleson's area, I showed them around, and ended up contacting everyone basically by myself. It was all good though because Elder Merrill and Brother Chow both said they had learned a lot, and liked the way I approached people and started conversation! So, that's way sweet! Today, we had to go to the new building in Kowloon Tong because Elder Feigleson is in a Choir for next week when President Uchtodorf visits Hong Kong and speaks to the Missionaries, so he had to practice with them! Then, we just did our normal everyday studies, buy groceries, here E-Mailing, and I might go look for some new Church shoes, because my Mephistos are pretty worn, and are getting rather small. I wanna find some cheap slip on's or something! Haha! I'm not kidding! Then, tonight, we have a Sports Night at the Church with our Ward that we have every P-Day. It's pretty fun because we get to play some ball, badminton, and I get to practice up on my Chinese ping pong skills! OH YEAH! I LOVE YOU ALL BEYOND BELIEF! Please always remember that each and every day I'm here, all of you are in my prayers! I'm so grateful, thankful, and extremely blessed to be engaged in the greatest cause in the world! This is the Lord's TRUE Church! He loves EVERYONE, no matter the situation! I've come to realize that since being here more than ever before! I love the people, I love the food, I love the members, I love the investigators, the weather....uhhh.... I can handle without the weather. Haha! But everything else is more than a DREAM!...IT'S A MIRACLE! Just look for your miracle each and every day! Until next week...Do what you do!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

I can't help but think how blessed and lucky I am to have the opportunity of serving such loving, generous people....