Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh.. How grateful I am for TRIALS!!!

Hey Everyone!
That is way cool about Brandon and Calvin! Oh, and the fact that they're both speaking Spanish! Now they can communicate with each other even when they go back home! That might be kinda hard for me to do...maybe just with the Thongs and the Jahngs! Ha! I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE'S GONNA BE THAT MANY MISSIONARIES OUT!
That is seriously insane! I've never known that many to be out at once from our small Ward. Tell everyone in the Ward that I love them, I'm grateful for them, and I ALWAYS pray for MY HOME WARD each and every day! I think about them all quite often and hope all is well! Elder Reber is from Utah, but I don't remember where at in Utah. I'll ask him today cuz I'll be seeing my whole Zone for a big Zone Activity. I'll get all his information, so no worries mom! Be sure and talk to his family too! He's such a great Missionary, a way cool guy, and sweet friend. I'm so grateful for him. He's actually only one move ahead of me too (6 weeks). We were in the MTC for a little bit together, and he was just down the hall from me cuz he speaks Mandarin. The Temple was AMAZING! We were a few seconds from being too late to go to our session because the bus was taking forever to arrive at the stop to take us there, so we actually ended up taking a taxi. It was my very first time taking a taxi here and boy was it an experience! They shouldn't have a license...we'll just leave it at that. Olivia and Sissi didn't make it to Church because they were sleeping...oh well, only so much we can do. We're seeing them later this week, so we'll really get on them about it. They just need to understand the importance of what the Gospel can really do for them, and how much happiness they can receive from it. I can't believe TJ got his CALL! That's so crazy it's in the same area as Bryce! Haha! Tell him that I'm super proud of him, I love him too, and that I'M THERE FOR HIS HOMECOMING FOR SURE! There's no doubt about it! I just sent a letter to Susan and the family, so that's funny that they just sent me something too! Ha! I'll tell them thank you again though...I LOVE YOU HASTINGS FAMILY AND THINK OF YOU ALL THE TIME! YOU ARE ALL IN MY PRAYERS AND I THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU CONTINUE TO DO FOR ME! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! THANK YOU TOO MARISSA! I LOVE HEARING ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS IN YOUNG WOMENS AND BASKETBALL! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK CUZ! GRANDMA CAREY, THANK YOU TOO FOR SENDING THAT ENORMOUS PACKAGE WITH TONS OF GOODIES IN IT! MY ENTIRE APARTMENT DESTROYED WHAT WAS INSIDE BEFORE I COULD REALLY GET A CHANCE AT IT! HAHA! IT'S OK THOUGH! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE TIME YOU PUT IN TO WRITE ME AND SEND THINGS TO ME! I LOVE YOU GRANDMA! Oh man, mom, I can't believe you made those gooey brownies...SO GOOD! Those are some lucky Elders and Sisters, that's for sure! That's so cool you guys are gonna be a Ma and Pa at youth conference, I can't even believe it still! You guys are gonna rock it! EVERYONE'S gonna love you guys! Tell me how it goes because I wanna know! I'm so grateful Nick did get to go with me, and have so many wonderful spiritual, fun experiences! That's so cool, mom and dad, that you guys have been walking that much! I'm so proud of you guys! I can't wait to see the after results of it all! You guys better keep sending me TONS of pictures from home, even if I'm not in them, I don't care! I NEED MORE OF MY FAMILY AND EVERYONE TO SHOW ALL THE ELDERS HERE! That's so cool about Linda Stevens! Absolutely I can definitely meet up with her, but just not for too long. She can contact the Mission Home and they will contact us. I can't believe she's doing that! She is WAY TOO NICE! I'm so grateful for her and her sacrifice to do that for me and my companion! We could easily meet at the big Church in Wan Chai (On the Island). It's the Church that's in my area that we go to for lessons, pullbacks (find someone on the street and take them back to the Church and teach them right then and there), Church and all that kinda stuff. Our cell phone will work just fine to reach us on. Hopefully I'll still be here next move, so my number doesn't change...I'm pretty sure I will though, so no worries. I heard from Elder Reber actually that my package just got here and I'm going to pick it up today because Elder Feigleson needs to go to the new Church building and Mission Home to do a "pass-off" with the Elder who trained him. He's getting his "Language Master", which encompasses knowing 1,000 Characters and their meanings. Pretty impressive for how long he's been out. So, I'll definitely check out all the music and watch it today!
I don't really have much time left so here it goes...Last Friday, Elder Feigleson got pretty sick and has been that way ever since. He's had a pretty high fever with the flu, but luckily it hasn't kept us away from the work too much. We've only had to return home early a few nights, so he could get some rest and get to feeling better. So, I ended up having to teach the English Class, which was way fun! I taught about prayer and how sacred it can be between us and Heavenly Father. It's hard though when little kids are running around, being loud, and doing there thing, but it's ok. Monday, I created a poster to put up on our Ward bulletin board and Elder Feigleson created a calendar for a new Mission Plan we have. We want everyone in the Ward to fast once in the month of August for somoene who they think would want to hear the Gospel, they give them a Restoration Pamphlet, bear their Testimony, and give their number to us. So, we're trying to visit 31 different families/members to sign up for a day to fast and start thinking of someone they know that would want to hear the message of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our goal from this plan is 4 Baptisms and 40 Referrals. We KNOW we can get it, so long as our Ward is dedicated and willing to help us. Later that night, we visited a member, and explained the plan to her. She's actually a Ward Missionary too, and loves the plan! She ordered PIZZA HUT for us! Haha! It's not the same AT ALL in Hong Kong, trust me! The next day, we visited the Chan Family and shared about Faith. I had to lead the Lesson, since Elder Feigleson still wasn't feeling quite well. It's OK though. I need the experience. I'm beginning to understand so much more and speak so much more now! I LOVE THIS LANGUAGE! So complicated, but so much fun to speak! Yesterday, I passed off Lesson 2 with my District Leader (Elder Loong). I had already passed off Lesson 1 with him, so now I just need to do 3, 4, and 5, and then I'll have my Giant! Usually, they want Missionaries to get there Giant within 6-7 months of being in Hong Kong! Hopefully I beat the expectations! Today we're having a big Zone Activity, and we're making desserts and playing games! Elder Feigleson and I already made ours, and we're pretty sure it's gonna be the best one...MANGO PUDDING WITH CHOPPED UP FRESH MANGO IN IT! Ohhh yeah!!!!

I Love YOU GUYS!!! HAVE GREAT WEEK!

DO WHAT YOU DO......... LOVE ELDER CAREY

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Oh.. How grateful I am for TRIALS!!!

Love You All... Elder Carey