Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Did this last week even exist?

Hey Everyone!
Did this past week even exist?! Where did it go?! The weeks honestly just seem like they're FLYING by now! That meal for all those Missionaries sounds LIKE HOME!...DELICIOUS AND PERFECT EVERY TIME! I'm sure the Missionaries fell in love with it, just like I have! I don't doubt that the Elder who's been out that long would say that it's the best meal he's had. This past week has been so incredible and full of fun activities and lots of success! We met with TONS of investigators found through our own finding, have taught them, rescheduled them, and we'll see how all those develop. I'll keep you updated on any that end up sticking out. Well it's the FIRST DAY OF MY 3rd MOVE IN HONG KONG! Elder Feigleson and I are still together in Chai Wan and LOVING IT SO MUCH! Last Saturday, we went to the NEW CHAPEL OPEN HOUSE! It's directly across the street from the Temple and its GORGEOUS! It's where the new mission office is and is way nicer than the one that was in the Temple because it's SO MUCH BIGGER! We took a recent convert to the Open House and went around to different classrooms where they were showing stuff they would be doing in the new Chapel. There was stuff like Young Men’s, Young Women’s, Scouting, Relief Society, and all that kind of stuff! It was so neat to see it all set up, and to see that the Church is the SAME WHEREVER YOU GO! Later that night, we had Pizza Hut with our Ward Correlator, and his mom. We talked about our new Mission Plan for the Ward and shared a message. I've had members take me to Pizza Hut quite a few times here...I think it's because they all think Americans are the same and ONLY like pizza and soda. Haha! Sunday, after Church, we taught a lesson with someone we found and she finally had time to have us teach her. She came to the very end of Church and we taught her right after. Her name is "Candy." (A lot of Chinese people come up with their own names, and sometimes they're pretty interesting)We're actually going to end up seeing her again today, right when I get done E-Mailing, even though it is our P-Day. We'd rather sacrifice some time for a potential new member in our Ward. Anyways, Sunday Night, we went to a Fireside at the new building that was called "My Conversion Story." It's where all the recent converts in that last move speak, along with the Mission President. I was able to see my whole MTC District, along with the one Sister you guys saw in Vancouver! She came up to ME and started talking about you guys, and I told her..."THOSE ARE MY PARENTS!" Ha! It was so funny! Monday, we met with Linda Stevens' brother because I called my Mission President, asked him if I could meet with her just so she could give me the bag, but he didn't approve. Oh well, no questions asked, so I just obeyed what he said. It was SOO HARD for me to tell her no, especially since she took it ALL THIS WAY just for me! So, we met with her brother, he gave me the HEAVY bag, and that was it. Before he left though, I taught him a bit, shared a brief message, and told him he could call us if he wants to learn more. He doesn't really speak English, so it felt like someone I was just contacting on the street. HE EVEN LIVES IN OUR AREA! We have his number too, so we might just end up calling him, and trying to schedule him to teach. How cool would that be?! Later that night, we met with another person we found. She brought her two 3 year-old twin sons, and her 1 year-old. Elder Feigleson taught her, while I kept the boys occupied and played with them! IT WAS A BLAST! Ha! They ran right up to me while we were crossing the street, and both grabbed hold of my hand like I was their dad. It was the cutest thing ever! Elder Feigleson keeps telling me that he wishes he could've gotten a picture of it, oh well. Tuesday, we also met with the Chan family again...and they ordered Pizza, of course! Haha! Anyways, the entire time we've been teaching them, Brother Chan's (Member) sister (also a member) had been visiting in Hong Kong for the summer, so she was present for all the lessons with his wife. She lives in SALT LAKE! She speaks perfect English, so no worries. YOU GUYS HAVE TO CONTACT HER! Have the family in Salt Lake take her and her family out to dinner or something! She's WAY COOL and helped us out SOO MUCH with all the lessons, and giving us TONS of food! She goes back today! Her name is Becky Cook...(Address and phone deleted for privacy by the Carey's) SLC, UT. 84103. I'm not kidding, she's so cool and helped us a TON with all the lessons! Yesterday, we actually met up with her again because her dad is also in the hospital, and she asked if I could give him a blessing. He's pretty old, and they're kind of just waiting for him to go, but wanted to give him a blessing just of health and safety in this life or the next. So that was a pretty cool experience for me. I gave her your guys' info and also told her that other family from Utah would be in touch with her! She's so cool I PROMISE! I love you guys, I love this work, and I love the power of the Priesthood! Miracles HAPPEN each and every day! We just have to look for them...they're RIGHT IN FRONT OF US! Until next week...Do what you do! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Did this week even exist?? Boy did it go by fast...