Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Black Rain Kept us in the apt...

Hey Everyone!

Wow this week has sure been one to NEVER forget! I'll get to that later though...That is so amazing about the Beans! They're are such nice, kind, gentle people, and I know they're going to do a fantastic job spreading the Gospel and helping others all throughout Zimbabwe! They definitely have a special place in my heart. How special it must have been for a member of the Temple Presidency to come put on a Fireside! I love the Temple! Each one is special in its own way, and yet every single one serves as the same exact purpose...the most important purpose ever to have come forth and that ever will come forth! That sounds like a great car choice, mom! I guess the fam is just turning to Lexus now, instead of BMW, huh? Haha! It's so crazy seeing cars here in Hong Kong...EVERY SINGLE ONE is WAY NICE! We have a car washing shop next door to our apartment building that has Rolls Royce's, Ferrari's, Maseratti's, Maybach's, Porche's, BMW's, Lexus's, Lotus's, Bently's, and some that I don't even know of...but I know they're nice! Ha! That's all that drives the streets too...those and double decker buses, taxis, and mini buses. It's funny that you brought up the Tahoe, cuz I was just talking about how much I loved my car the other day to the Elders in my apartment. That's ok if you sell it....yeah I just said it....I LOVE TAHOES though now! I guess you could send the Slideshow of Youth Conference just on a CD. I'll watch it on a TV at the Chapel sometime. Maybe you could send a BUNCH of pictures of you guys, and my FAREWELL, and of ANYTHING! I NEED MORE PICTURES EVERYONE!!! Nick didn't mention the dog, but he does sound ADORABLE! I can't wait to see him when I get back! We've tried to call Linda's brother, but he doesn't really answer our calls...it's ok, we're pretty used to it. The Lord has possibly just not prepared him yet. And yes, I can definitely relate to the HOT and the HUMIDITY! Last night, we had a category "Black Rain", which means we HAD to stay in our apartment, and couldn't go out! It was the WORST RAIN I'VE EVER SEEN, EVEN OUT OF SEATTLE! We've also had a few Typhoons this past week. Typhoon Season is HERE! My Mephistos are really just TOO SMALL! I can't believe it! They hurt my feet now. I was looking last week, and saw some nice slip ons that were Ecco. They didn't have my size of course...so could you guys possibly get some, whether you have to order them online or just go to the store and buy them. They kinda looked like an Elf shoe in a way, but not really. If you can't find them, then just find some slip ons that look ok. SIZE 13! I LOVE YOU GUYS! THANKS!
Ok, so this past week has been quite a doozy! Ha! We had another apartment check on Friday, and passed with Flying Colors again, of course! Haha! Oh, and later that night, Elder Feigleson got a call from President Chan saying that he's going to be a TRAINER! I'm so happy for him! So, that means I'm moving for sure next move. I'm not sure where yet, but I'm excited to start exploring a new area! I also passed my "Zone Leader Pass-Off!" It went so well and so now I'm moving on to Lesson 4! The Mission usually sets standards that you should be starting on Lesson 4 when you've been in Hong Kong for 5 months approximately. I just passed my 3 month mark! The Gift of Tongues is SOO REAL and SOO PRESENT! We also got to help out with a Youth Conference for our Stake here in Hong Kong! About 6 youth went with Elder Feigleson and I to go finding! It was so much fun and the youth had a blast! They were surprised at how difficult and frustrating Missionary Work can often be. Then again, so was I at that age! Being LITERALLY set apart helps beyond belief! Sunday, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf came to Hong Kong on his way back from picking up his grandsons from their Mission's in Taiwan. There was a special meeting just for Missionaries, and then a Fireside later that night for all the members in Hong Kong, broadcast throughout! It was INCREDIBLE! Shaking the hand of a member of the First Presidency is unlike anything, and is truly so spiritually uplifting! This past week, Elder Feigleson, since he's going to be a trainer, Elder Loong, our District Leader, and another Elder that lives close to us who's another District Leader, had to go to special meetings in at the Mission Home from 9 to 4 each day! They discussed how we should be refocusing on not teaching lessons, but teaching PEOPLE! How crucially important that is! So, it was Elder Merrill, Elder Dodd (an Elder from my younger District in the MTC), and myself. We switched off each day where we served. We had multiple lessons, where Elders who have only been out for less than 3 moves, had to lead each lesson and understand and communicate with real people from Hong Kong! How blessed we are as Missionaries to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, as well as the Gift of Tongues to help us with communicating with everyone. The meetings ended yesterday, so that's why I'm E-Mailing you all today. They switched our P-Day to Friday, just for this week. Today, we're thinking of going to a Science Museum! Don't worry, I'm taking TONS of pictures only because I expect TONS in return! OK?! Ha! I love you all so incredibly much! I'm so grateful for all you do, and just know you are ALL ALWAYS in my prayers! Have an AWESOME week, and do what you do!
Love-
Elder Carey
計長老

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Wow... Black Rain and Typhoons...President Dieter F. Uchtdorf came to Hong Kong on his way back from picking up his grandsons from their Mission's in Taiwan. Shaking the hand of a member of the First Presidency is unlike anything, and is truly so spiritually uplifting!