Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Temple Day!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

Hey Everyone!
So, how's it goin?! Everything back home sounds like it's going so well! SO GOOD! That's so cool you guys got to see Toy Story 3! It's been advertised here LIKE CRAZY! It was way big right when I got here, so I think it's been out for quite some time here, but I'm not too sure. I think movies here start coming out a lot earlier than back home, which is pretty cool I guess. They don't even advertise Chinese movies here at all. HA! It's all about the American movies with American actors and actresses! That's way cool about Brandon's farewell! I'm so happy for him! I remember so vividly saying goodbye to him and Calvin at the Last Supper. So, does that mean he and Calvin will see each other in the MTC?! That's so sweet! I actually ended up seeing a few friends from College in the MTC while I was there. I actually EVEN got to see them come in AND leave...ALL while I was still there! Haha! Those were such a short 12 weeks though! NOT NEARLY ENOUGH TIME! Bryce and Calvin sound like they're doing well too! I bet Bryce is gonna LOVE Colorado! He would always joke about going there, and look where he is! That's gonna help Calvin SO MUCH! You learn the language best when you're FORCED to speak it cuz you learn from your mistakes, they stick out to you, and you remember to not do that same thing again. That's why the week long English Fast, for me, helped so much! So, it sounds like Nathan's the next one, huh? Wow, our Ward is just POURING Missionaries out into the field now! That's so amazing! Matt's cabin sure sounded like it was a blast! It's a deal then, I'm going for sure when I get back! Ha! Elder Feigleson's parents also said that they talked to you guys! Apparently, his dad is making a trip to Seattle too! So awesome! I haven't really been able to go running with him yet...I'm not so sure I like the fact that his sport of choice was my sport's punishment...that's why we compromise and just stick to basketball finds. Haha!
This past week has been way good! We met with a less-active, who also had a referral for us! His name is Yeuhng Touh. He's way cool and his family are actually members, but just not active either. We taught him, along with our less-active, on Saturday. She then took us out to eat cuz she LOVES Missionaries and we love her! Ha! Only in a Missionary way though...After Church we also taught a younger 12 year-old kid and his 10 year-old brother that we found during a basketball find. They're such cool kids and constantly want to learn more! The only problem is getting their parents' approval. It'll happen though, so no worries. We also had another big zone find, but in another Elders' area. It went so well! I was paired with the same Elder I went on 24 hour exchanges my first move. His name is Elder Reber! He's so cool. He's Mandarin speaking, so he would contact those that spoke Mandarin and I went for the Cantonese speakers. We went all through Hong Kong University to find! It was so cool to be at a college finding those who were almost my same age to come unto Christ and understand their purpose in this life! AHHH SOO COOL! We got stood up by a few people that were found during our zone find in my area, but that's ok. We'll just keep pushing forward. So, today we actually get to go to the TEMPLE! I'm so excited! We're so blessed that we get to go once a move to one of the most spiritual, beautiful places on Earth. I love it and I can't wait for you guys to experience it when you come! Later tonight, we're also meeting with the less-active again and her friend Yeuhng Touh. I'm so pleased with his progress and desire to learn more! Tomorrow, we're meeting with the Chan Family again, so that'll be a miracle as well! AHH! Miracles are happening left and right around me! So long as we keep our eyes open, we can see them happening one right after the other! Olivia and Sissi (the aunt and neice that weren't able to get baptized, BUT WILL) didn't have any time this week cuz of work, so we'll end up seeing them next week for sure! They'll actually be coming to Church too! I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK! It's not only up to the Missionaries, but to the members as well! That's where true Missionary work comes in. Where members begin to particpate in helping the full-time Missionaries find those ready and prepared by the Lord, so much more can be accomplished. That's why I'm so grateful to be serving where I am. This Ward is amazing, and full of love! I LOVE YOU ALL!
Do what you do!
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK! It's not only up to the Missionaries, but to the members as well! That's where true Missionary work comes in. Where members begin to particpate in helping the full-time Missionaries find those ready and prepared by the Lord, so much more can be accomplished. That's why I'm so grateful to be serving where I am. This Ward is amazing, and full of love!