Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Love Sharing The Gospel With Everyone

Hey Everyone!
Ok, seriously...where are the weeks going?! I swear I just E-Mailed yesterday! Haha! I love how I ALREADY get to tell you ALL ABOUT my past week though! But first, I bet Bryce sure enjoyed that "Dear Elder" you sent to him! I could sure feel the Spirit while I read it, just as though I were reading a letter sent to me from you guys. Missionaries TRULY ARE set apart from the world, both Spiritually and Physically! That means that I'm now looking at things TOTALLY different than I would before, and I'm so grateful for that and for the opportunity I have to carry that through when I return! I'm definitely learning how to cook WAY GOOD food here...slowly, but surely! I can make a bomb coconut curry! Ha! That's funny to hear about the Jacobsens, the Schillings, and the Bundys! I'm excited to see this BIG CHANGE in a couple years! Holy cow mom! That meal sounds DIVINE! The Missionaries in our Ward really don't know how well they have it to be eating at a member's home nearly every night. What a great way to work through the members and do Missionary Work. They better be asking for referrals every single time they come over! Ha! I'm loving finding different things and places to eat at each day though! The only time we ever really eat in our apartment is breakfast. Otherwise, we're out and about finding, teaching lessons, or helping people with whatever they may need. Occasionally we'll eat in for lunch. That's how I learned how to make that way good coconut curry! Mmmm...So, ANOTHER trip to Matt's cabin without me, huh? Well, we'll just have to see if I'm as lucky as you guys when I return! Haha! Just kidding. That is GREAT news about the Prudential Deal! I'm sure that'll bring EVEN MORE success! Oh, and that Boise State is in the Mountain West! It's about time! Oh, and of course, GO CELTICS! It was funny, yesterday we were visiting a less-active and his wife, and they had the game on at like 9 in the morning! Haha! It was kinda funny cuz it was probably live, but it was weird seeing it so early in the morning. Those wedding anouncements sound AMAZING! I love those people. They taught me so much and I learned a lot from them. I'm excited to receive them! Give them both my best and that I'm sorry I'm not able to be there to wish them good luck or anything! That DVD movie you put together, Dad, sounds INCREDIBLE, as usual! Oh man, I can't wait to see it! I'm SOOO EXCITED! You better have used TONS of pictures! Haha! I'm really glad you enjoyed my letter too. I wasn't sure what to write cuz I write to you guys every week, so I just put in what my overall feelings were each and every day.
Ok, now for my week...we had a pretty big Apartment Check last Friday, and passed with FLYING COLORS! The people who check Missionaries' Apartments in the Mission are Senior Couples. They said it was the best Apartment they've seen since they've been out, which is about a year. Every Missionaries' Apartment is checked once a transfer. I had to run a tight ship, since I was the Apartment Leader. I'm sure all the Elders in my Apartment got kinda frustrated with me cuz it wasn't clean enough or things weren't in proper order. It's all good, I released the wrath on them that you taught me about being clean, Mom! Haha! We also taught a 30 year-old Investigator for 3 WHOLE HOURS! It was such a long lesson! We had to go through every lesson and every principle with her though cuz she wanted to get Baptized on Wednesday with her neice, who was 27, who had been investigating for over a year. They both fell through the day before, due to parent issues. They didn't want to dishonor their family by going against what they said. We spoke with both of them later in the week in they said it's only a matter of time. They'll going to get Baptized sometime next move. Later that day, we had a HUGE Zone Find in our Area, and it went so well! We got tons of numbers and names of people that want to hear about the Restored Gospel! Then, later that night, we went on 24 Hour Exchanges, just like last move, but this time I went with on of the Zone Leaders in his area. It was so much fun and we had tons of success! I pulled back a FAMILY to their Church, which was still a twenty minute walk from where we found them! Their faith was so huge, and I was so grateful and humbled that I could help out in their area! Yesterday, we saw the Chan Family, the one who is a less-active, and his wife isn't a member. We taught them The Plan of Salvation and they loved it! He's definitely going to be re-activated, and she will for sure be Baptized in the coming month or so! What a MIRACLE! We went out finding after that for a bit, and just so happened to run into some dear friends...my companion and I were just walking along the pier in our area, and three Filipinas stopped US! They were Jehovas Witnesses! Haha! Oh boy that was fun! We shared scriptures back and forth, left and right, and my companion and I CONSTANTLY bore solid, clear Testimonies! They were using a "New-Aged Bible" cuz they said it was easier for them to understand...yeah right! So, we shared a book of our own...perhaps the GREATEST book to ever have come forth...THE BOOK OF MORMON BABY!!! They didn't really know what to think, got stumbled, frustrated, and then left. My companion and I were smiling and agreeing with EVERYTHING they had to say, and I guess they didn't really expect that. Haha! Oh man, it was funny! I love you all and thank you for all your constant love, support, and time to think of me! I pray for all of you every single day and think of you too! I LOVE YOU!!!
Do what you do!
-Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

I Have Learned To Cook a Mean Coconut Curry!!