Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I got a New Suit and Companion

Hey Everyone!
Holy jeez, has this week gone by fast, or WHAT?! I really feel as though, for the short amount of time I've been here, I've really lost myself in the work. I hardly even know where the previous day went! Good thing I can still remember it through my journal though! (Your welcome Mom and Dad) This past week has seriously been a blur. So much has happened, and so much CONTINUES to happen! I finally got to pick up my new suit and I LOVE IT! It's really similar to my other one, but I think the pinstripes are a little more prominent. (just the way I like it) I wasn't able to get an extra piece of fabric because they didn't have any in the store...they just shipped the measurements to a factory where it's made. Sorry mom...I wish I could send you a piece of fabric from it, but I'm afraid it might look kinda weird with a big hole in my new pants, along with my old ones...Ha! There's pictures of me wearing it on the SD card I'm sending home today, along with a ton of other things in a small package. If you have any questions on what it is I'm sending home, you can just ask me. Everything's pretty self-explanatory though and may take some research...I dunno...you guys can figure it out though I'm sure. My trainer and I went to the Peak last week with our Ward on a hike and to have lunch. It was so much fun and everyone was amazed at how much my companion and I could carry for them! Oh, the power of the Americans! Haha! I took a bunch of pictures, a couple especially next to the "Dedication Hong Kong Let Missionaries Serve." [I think that's what it was for at least...oh well, something else I guess you could research too] (with our nametags next to it of course) IT WAS HOT THOUGH! It's definitely getting MORE humid and EVEN HOTTER! Everyday seems hotter and more humid than the one before. Good thing I'm getting used to this, so when I come home, it won't really ever seem too hot or humid. Last Saturday was our Less-Actives' Dad's funeral. It was put on so well and very organized. My companion and I helped her organize it, and she is now ACTIVE, and loving every Missionary she sees! I LOVE THIS WORK!!! Later that night, was the BYU Hawaii Concert Choir. Oh boy, was it ever a show! Their performance was outstanding! You could truly tell it was from Hawaii! It made me want to vacation there... I met someone, who was actually in the Choir that served here in Hong Kong just a few months earlier. Everyone was so stoked to see Missionaries! It's nice to feel some recognition every now and then from people from the states. Sunday night, they also put on a Fireside for the whole Mission! It was performed so beautifully once again. The Spirit was so strong, and I could feel them bearing their Testimonies, strengthening mine at the same time, right through their music. We brought an investigator...but she kinda fell asleep from beginning to end. It's ok though. We'll get on her about it next time we visit with her. Monday, we had another BIG Zone Find, but Elder Harper and I had to leave because we had a lesson with an investigator. His English name is Keith and he's fifteen. He was really open to everything we had to say, loves sports, plays RUGBY, and is surprisingly quite mature for his age. We'll continue to meet with him and teach more about this Beloved Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Tuesday, I tried my first "Pass-Off" with our District Leader, Elder Loong. (Elder Merrill's Companion) That means I'm working towards becoming a "Language Giant." Right now, I'm a "Language Rookie" but, there's also "Language Master" and "Language Legend" after that. There are certain requirements you have to do for each, and they're all pretty intense, and really test your language skills. They're not required, but a lot of Missionaries like to do them because it really pushes them to increase in the Language. So, we'll see how it goes from here...Oh, and later that night, I got word that I'm staying in my same area, but receiving a NEW COMPANION! His name is Elder Feigleson, and he's from Kaysville, Utah. His parents' names are Patrick and Jennifer, and their home number is (801)-547-1925. He was serving earlier in Yuen Long. This is only his 5th Transfer! That makes us the YOUNGEST companionship in the ENTIRE MISSION! We're gonna tear it up though! (In a good way of course) Oh man, we have so much fire already and can't wait to get out there, spreading the greatest message ever to have come forth! Just yesterday, we had an Apostle come Tour our Mission! It was Elder Oaks! We all had a picture with him and then heard from him, his wife, and other members of the Seventy and Presidency of the Seventy! It was an AMAZING day! We all shook his hand and introduced ourselves. His wife said she LOVES Seattle and thinks it's more beautiful than Utah! Haha! (Don't tell her I told you that) Today, I just picked up my new Companion from the Temple, right after dropping Elder Harper off. Oh, and I got word that I'm the new Apartment Leader for our Apartment. That means that I'm the one that buys things, if they're ever needed for the Apartment, gets the mail from the complex (even though there's not really ever any), change water filters, decide who does what when we clean, and call on people for prayers. I can't wait to undertake this responsibility, and I'm so grateful and humbled for the opportunity I have to be serving in a Leadership position. I love my NEW COMPANION, I love the Elders in my Apartment, I love the Elders in this Mission, I love this WORK, and I love ALL OF YOU SOOO MUCH!!! Your support, encouragement, and love is what keeps me waking up each morning! I love you all and until next week...
Do What You Do!
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

What a week-- Picked up a new suit and companion! My custom made suit cost me 75.00. My knees were worn through on my other suit...