Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How Fast This Week Went By

Hey Everyone!
Wow this week has sure flown by like crazy! Today's my P-Day and my District, which consists of my entire apartment (all 4 of us), are going to the light show tonight! It's gonna be so sweet and I'll be sure to take TONS of pics! Oh my goodness I LOVE HONG KONG! I love the people more and more each day we leave the apartment! NOW is the time that I've never prayed so much in my entire life! I thought it was at the MTC, but really, the MTC doesn't even compare to the field! You all know how much I loved the MTC too, so that kinda gives you an idea of how much I'm loving it here! My first Sunday was, uh...well, a little scary but FUN! I go to a church building in Chai Wan, which is over 20 stories high! There's classrooms and on every level and a chapel on a few. On some of the top floors are apartments for when members of the Seventy or Twelve come to stay. They constanty have guards on watch inside and they're all members. They're so funny, and they LOVE the missionaries! Haha! Anyways, we have Elders Quorom first, then Sunday School, and then Sacrament. Saving the best for last! I could understand only a little, but I know I'll be picking it up pretty quick with how much I hear it everyday. After Elder's Quorom, the first councelor in the Bishopric came up to me, asking me in Cantonese if I could bear my Testimony in Sacrament Meeting....WHAT?! I of course said yes. I mean what are you gonna say back to something like that...NO?! I don't think that would go over too well. So, I then had Sunday School, and the beginning of Sacrament to sit, think, ponder, and nearly pee my pants on what I should say and hoping I wouldn't mess up! So, the time came and I went up, told everyone where I was from, why I'm here serving a Mission, told about THE FAM, and bore a simple, broken, powerful Testimony. At least, I hope it was powerful. I started tearing up talking about you guys so I'm pretty sure it was. Haha! I'm such a little girl. I doubt many of the members understood me, but I know the Spirit spoke to them and that's all that matters. The rest of the week was amazing as well! We met with Susan again and talked about the faith needed to accept Baptism and take on such important covenants. It was a great lesson and I could actually understand most of everything she was saying. I showed her a picture of you guys and she smiled and said Iooked A LOT like all of you. She's great! We also taught a fifteen year old kid named Stallin (English Name), whose interest is History ONLY! He's such a bright, intelligent person and knows a lot about it! We met him at the MTR and then went to a nearby park and taught him there. We weren't alowed to go to his house because his parents were kinda against the Church and could have had us thrown out by security if they didn't want us there. So, we easily decided against that plan. Haha! The Spirit was so strong throught the lesson and he asked a lot of questions. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said, not only would he read, but he WANTED to as soon as he got home! What an amazing spirit he has! While we were street contacting, we found a lady, who's a member, her brother isn't, and he had just gone through some pretty rough Kemotherapy. We went by later to teach him, along with a few members of the ward to help us out. It was such a powerful lesson! He didn't really talk much because of his state, but I KNEW he was feeling the Savior's love and that after the resurrection, we are ALL healed to our perfect state. My companion isn't going too easy on me either. He's definitely making me work and do my share, whether it be a part of the lesson, a phone call, or street contact. I CAN'T STAND him for it, but I LOVE him for doing it. It's helping me learn faster than I ever would have in the MTC! Oh my goodness, being in the field is NOTHING like the MTC! Every sinlge person I see, I immediately have an aching, burning desire to share the Gospel and my Testimony of the Restoration with them! They are such a kind, generous, loving people, and I HONESTLY cannot imagine serving anywhere else in the entire world! THIS is where I'm meant to be, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW! I'm seeing people I KNOW I've seen before...it is truly a rememberance of the Pre-Existence. There is no coincidence that I am here right now. Hong Kong is an amazing city, with even MORE AMAZING people! Yeah, some don't choose to stop when you step in front of them, put your hand out, tell them who you represent, and that it's a pleasure to meet them, but that just means that they aren't ready yet. God has a plan for EVERY SINGLE PERSON! He won't let anyone go without having an opportunity to hear of His Restored Gospel. AHHH!!! I can't believe I'm actually here, serving our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and talking such an extraordinary group of people! It's so surreal! ANYWAYS, how is everything back home?! I'm so glad to hear you are all doing great and enjoying the weather! It's been SOOO HUMID and WET and STICKY beyond belief! You can just continue to send stuff to the Mission Home, Mom. That's the only place we're ever allowed to get letters or packages. I only get a tiny amount of money a week for food because we have to travel pretty far on the MTR to get our area, so could you possibly send some food or snacks or something? THANKS MOM! That's so cool about Kelsey and Chloe! I know they're LIVIN IT UP at College! I'm sure Clayton's showin them a nice time too! Haha! You guys already know what it is! I'm excited to come back and join you all again! Dad, that's amazing to hear about those two sisters at the Temple! That would would be way cool if we got to meet up sometime! I'm so glad work is going well for you! I know you work incredibly hard and I'm so very thankful and blessed for that! Steph, that's so awesome to hear that you're ALREADY planning the BIG DAY! I'm excited to come back and be a part of it! I know whatever decisions you make, I'll definitely approve of! I mean, we're brother and sister, we have the same taste! Haha! That's crazy about Riley! He's a man though, and I'm sure he just walked it off. Ha! You better have put that Boxer in its place! As for Susan, I think my companion will probably Baptize her, but I'll be ther cheering them on! When I got here, he only had one investigator for quite a while and it was her, but now we have FIVE! WHAT A BLESSING! Oh, and as for the food...AMAZING! It just can't be compared to American Chinese food. Haha! Well, I gotta go, but thank you all so much for you're wonderful support, encouragement, love, and prayers! I love you ALL and can't wait to tell you about the next upcoming week of MIRACLES! JUST HAVE FAITH!!!
Love Always-
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

What Happened? One Week Already Gone????? Where did the time fly?