Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

MTC email 8

Hey Everyone!
How has this past week been for you all?! That's so cool it's finally starting to warm up! I would always look forward to seeing the beautiful pictures of the Tulip Festival because it meant summer was just right around the corner. It's beginning to feel that way here as well! I'm sure it will each and every day in Hong Kong though, so no worries! Haha! Mom, I actually need the shirts from Nordstrom, instead of Men's Wearhouse, since that's where we've gotten the others that I have right now. I love these ones to death, but they just need to be at least an inch to two inches longer! Thank you so much Mom! I'm really glad you guys enjoyed the package with all the books in their. I'm beginning to learn some characters and can sort of read from the Book of Mormon now. Not THAT well though! We have to learn them in our free time though because our teachers won't teach us characters because they want us to focus on just getting the language itself down, which is a good idea i guess. A few characters here and there won't hurt though! That's so cool about Calvin! I can't believe he finally got his papers in and is just now awaiting THE CALL! How exciting! Just tell Bryce to have patience. This is Satan not wanting him to go, and it's just being held up. No big deal. He'll get it soon enough. Holy cow Andrew proposed?! That's insane! I'm way happy for them and I know they're absolutely perfect for each other! No worries about me not being there though. I'll just show them some love when I get back. Haha! I can't believe you're going to be in Salt Lake, Mom! That's so crazy! You're going to be so close, yet so far!!! It's ok though. We'll be blessed through this and Heavenly Father will DEFINITELY watch over us during that period, especially. That is too bad about Gale's Mother though. Give Gale my love and support, Mom, thanks! The language this past week has been clicking really well and I've learned so much! Mine and my companion's lesson on Saturday went SOOO WELL! Our investigator started getting teary eyed when we were teaching him about the Plan of Salvation. And once he started, you know I wouldn't be able to hold back, so I start letting it flow as well! The entire time I just thought of you, Mom, and you, Dad, and you, Stephanie. I know we can and will live together in the presence of God for time and all eternity. There is not a doubt in my mind that this won't happen. Heavenly Father loves each and every one of His children, and would never want any of them to suffer. How tremendously lucky and blessed we are as His children here on Earth. I love my Father in Heaven and I'm so incredibly grateful for this wonderful plan He has given us. It is truly remarkable, and something that should NEVER be taken for granted. It's weird to think that I only have two and a half more weeks here...I JUST GOT HERE! Well, it feels like it at least. Not so much to other Missionaries that my District and I have seen come and go multiple times. What a humbling experience it has been though to be here and learn, feel of the Spirit, and truly gain a love for the people of Hong Kong, before we even get there! I've absolutely LOVED my time here at the MTC and won't EVER forget it! I actually feel like one of the lucky ones with how long I've been here. The MTC is such a remarkable place! I'm LOVING my companion, LOVING my District, and LOVING my Zone! This leadership position has taught me so much! I feel as though I've learned a tremendous amount of great leadership skills that will follow with me as I embark into the field. Oh, and the blessings that come from being a Zone Leader are out of this world! Loving your companion is one thing, but then loving your entire Zone is another! I can't even imagine what it'll be like when I come face to face with the people of Hong Kong and begin loving all them as well! I NEVER ONCE realized how many blessings truly just begin to flow from serving our Lord, Jesus Christ. I relish this opportunity and privilege each and every day. I love this Gospel with all my heart and I'm so grateful for all it has to offer! I can't wait for this next upcoming week to learn EVEN MORE! What a blessing it is to be here and I pray for you all EACH AND EVERY DAY!
LOVE ALWAYS
ELDER CAREY

No comments: