Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

MTC email 7

Hey Everyone!
Oh my goodness how is everyone doing?! What an incredible week this has been! I taught the first lesson again in Cantonese on Saturday, and now my companion and I are preparing to teach the second lesson in Cantonese on Saturday! It's quite an experience! I just returned back to the beloved MTC from the Temple. Once again, another incredible session full of the Spirit in the House of the Lord. We received our new Districts last Wednesday! One was an English one and the other was a Cantonese. The Cantonese District is huge and has class right next to us. We're teaching them the ropes of the MTC, as well as helping out with the language. Not only is it helping them, but it's actually improving our Cantonese as well. We all click very well and are loving each other very much. Everyone's Testimony is growing immensely, which just creates mine to grow EVEN MORE! I love this Gospel so very very much and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ with all my heart and soul. I know He suffered for me, He died for me, and He was risen for me. There is no other more comforting feeling in the world to know that we can return to live with Him, as well as our Father in Heaven once again. The Book of Mormon is undoubtedly true. It all just makes sense. Thus, Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God, and truly saw God the Father, and His son, Jesus Christ in a grove of trees in the Spring of 1820. He restored this beloved Gospel back to the Earth, and how lucky and blessed we are to be living right now in the Dispensation of Fullness of Times. Last night, we had a Devotional where Quentin L. Cook spoke, and it was sincerely phenomenal. He left a blessing upon each and every single Missionary at the MTC. The power of that blessing was incredible, and reminded me much of the blessing you gave me, Dad. I promise you I will never forget that and I will never forget those words you said. I do read my Patriarchal Blessing, as if it were my scriptures, and I love it! It gets better and better each and every time. That was a fabulous letter you wrote me Dad and I really do appreciate all you said in it. I do now realize why you and Mom had pushed me so hard, and how important this work really is. I love it with every fiber of my being. I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world right now. I can't wait to bring the same joy I feel now to the loving people of Hong Kong! I know they are there...waiting, and prepared. That's way cool about all the other Elders in the Ward! They all sound like they're doing amazing and putting their whole heart and soul into the work. That is amazing that you and Mom were called as Youth Conference chaperones! I know you guys will do a marvelous job and EVERYONE will want to be in your family! That is seriously so cool. You're going to have such an amazing experience surrounded by youth with such strong and refined Testimonies of this Gospel. Mom, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the scriptures and quotes you've sent me! It always seems like I need those EXACT words during the week to help me keep my head up and realize why I'm here. They ALWAYS bring a tear to my eye because I know you're back home researching them, and doing the same exact thing! Haha! I just read your letter you sent me online and I loved it as well! I laughed so hard when I read about your sneak attack on Dad! I can just picture it all happening! It sounds like it was a blast up at Matt's cabin! We'll have to go again sometime when I get back. Oh, and when I read about Stephanie and Bobby, that made me bawl! I'm so happy for Stephanie AND for Bobby, and their willingness to accept my letters and write me. I love them both so very very much! I love you Mom and Dad and I can't wait to receive a response from you! I always look forward to it! I LOVE YOU
Elder Carey

1 comment:

The Careys said...

Here is the new email from Chris this week.
He loves everyone of you.