Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Thursday, February 18, 2010

MTC email 3

Hey Everyone! I'm so sorry I'm responding later than I said I would. The MTC E-Mail staff is still having trouble with the browser and I wasn't able to send anything more yesterday, like they told me I could. The 'ENTER' key wasn't working, and still isn't, but at least I get to talk to you still! I went to the Health Clinic last night right before it closed and made an appointment this morning with one of the doctors there. Once I told him what was wrong, he had me go down the street from the MTC to the BYU health clinic to get an X-Ray. I just barely got back from my second appointment with him and he gave me the results of the X-Ray. He said I have Bronchitis for sure, and hopefully not Pneumonia yet. I'm taking everything pretty slow and steady now, so no need to worry. The doctors here are wonderful and I'm in great hands. I PROMISE MOM! As for the Elders I was talking about earlier, I only know Elder Merrill's phone number, which is (801) 489 6743. His parents' names are Byron and Tricia. His dad works at BYU and his mom is a, "homemaker", Elder Merrill says. Ha-ha! He said his parents have never lived in Rexburg, so I'm not sure it's the same Merrill you were talking about. I'll let you know Elder Wellings' parents names and number next time when I get the chance. I just sent the 'SD' card home today, but it only has around a hundred or so pictures. If you have any questions about the pictures just let me know. I did receive the chocolate éclairs Susan sent, but unfortunately I don't think they made it to me in time and were rather moldy...the filling looked and tasted sort of like cottage cheese. Oh well, it was the thought the counted and I appreciated them SO VERY MUCH!!! I'm VERY excited for her next package too! I'm not really craving anything in particular, except maybe some sports drinks or something with a lot of electrolytes. I'm still not totally used to this water and how warm it is. Dad, I'm so glad you're continuing to work hard (play golf)! It really truly does mean a lot to me though and I've really learned to appreciate all you do, especially since I've been out here. That's SOOO COOL to hear about what you've been up to mom! What an incredible event to be able to attend! I'm sure you'll absolutely love it and I KNOW someone's life will be touched from attending it. I received your 'Dear Elder' after I got out of the Temple, so I wasn't able to put their names in yesterday. Next session I will though for sure! That's crazy to hear about Peyton! He'd be so funny to see on heavy pain medication! Ha-ha! I only say that because I was wreck too. I will pray for him though and he really has nothing to worry about. It happens once and then it's over. That's it. My glasses are working great! I'm loving them and they're definitely helping me read difficult characters that the Elders in my District can't read as well. I love you guys so much IT"S UNREAL!!! I'm ALWAYS grateful for everything you do and you are in each and every one of my prayers. I can feel your love and support so very much even while I'm here at the MTC! You all have done so much for me and I am forever grateful and blessed for you. I truly feel I am the most blessed Missionary here at the MTC, regardless of me being sick, ever struggling with the language, or having my E-Mails not work (where everyone else's around me works just fine). These are all such miniscule trials and hardships. Heavenly Father is merely testing my faith in this Gospel and really making sure this is where I want to be. I wouldn't want to be ANYWHERE else in the entire world right now! I was meant to be here at this exact moment in time. I love you all so much and you all mean the world to me! THANK YOU AGAIN!!! Love, Elder Carey!

No comments: