Chris's Mission Photo

Chris's Mission Photo

Welcome to Elder Carey's Blog

Elder Chris Carey 計長老
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorset Crescent
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Kowloon, Hong Kong







Famous statue in Hong Kong

Famous statue in Hong Kong
Great Art where ever you look

Need a snack?

Need a snack?
The daily staples

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas

The path of Ten Thousand Buddas
Never ending gold Buddas

High 5 with the Big Budda

High 5 with the Big Budda
Enjoying P-day

Unity on the Island

Unity on the Island
The Macau Zone

Incredible Place

Incredible Place
Hong Kong Heritage

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Elder Carey MTC 2nd email

Hey Everyone! RECEIVED 02/17/2010
I tried sending an E-mail last week, which is the one I just sent...and hopefully it got to you this time. I got your 'Dear Elder', mom, and I was once again completely devastated when you said you still hadn't received one yet. So I can only hope and pray this one works. I really don't want you to think I'm trying to ignore you guys. This is killing me that I haven't been able to send you one yet. I just forwarded the one I typed last week to you.
I'm glad to hear everything is going well back home. The blog sounds like it's really coming along! THANKS DAD! You're the best! You really do always go above and beyond. I love you. Thank you to everyone who's been putting posts up on it too! You guys are what keeps me going here, and I will always remember that when I'm having a rough day. I can't express my gratitude and thankfulness enough! You all are always in each and every one of my prayers.
i hope stephanie and bobby are having a blast in mexico. it sounds like such a fun and exciting trip. we gotta go when i get back sometime, k steph? i hope you got my letters i sent you. i still continue to look up to you sis.
i love you stephanie and i pray for you.
I was so heartbroken when I heard about Teddy...as I was reading it, I completely collapsed to the ground and began to sob. Thank goodness for my companion and my district though! They were there to bring me right back up.
They sympathized with me for a while too. I'm so excited to see him again!
He was my best friend, and no one can ever change that. But, the show must go on, right? So, I continued to study and prayed to my Father in Heaven to take excellent care of him. I know without a doubt, my prayer, as well as yours, mom and dad, was answered. He is in a much better place now and I couldn't ask for anything better for him. This is so hard to talk about because now I'm just getting choked up about it. I love him though and I KNOW I will see him again! He is and always will be part of our eternal family.
Everything is still going well here at the good ol' MTC! Our teacher surprised us yesterday with some street contacting that we had to do in Cantonese! I was so unprepared, but still surprised myself at how much I knew. I know that none of what I was speaking came from me. I had no one else to thank, but my Father in heaven. (sorry, the 'shift key' just gave out on me, so i'll have to do everything else in lower case now.) i've been pretty sick the past few days, so i had my district give me a priesthood blessing. what a sob fest that was. the power of the priesthood is so very very strong. i'm still not feeling too great, but i have to press on and continue with the work. everyone else in my district is stunned at how i'm powering through all these tough trials, like getting really sick, but still continue to work and having my e-mails not send. it truly is a test of my faith though. i love my heavenly father and my savior. no hardship or trial can or ever will change that. that is exactly what Satan wants me to do, but i can guarantee it definitely won't ever happen. the language is still most definitely hard, but such a tremendous blessing. it is such a beautiful language and so very in depth. i love it so much. well, my time is almost up, but i just want everyone to know how much i love them, how much i care about them, and how much i pray for them. like i said before, i have never ever prayed this much in my life before. the blessings i receive just keep rolling in. i love you all so much. you guys mean everything to me.
love-
your dearest elder carey

No comments: